Master in Accounting and Taxes
- Program: C-EPA Economic policy and administration
- Field of study: C-EPA-UAD Accounting and Taxes
- Level of qualification: Master continuing
- Mode of study: full-time
- Qualification awarded: Master's degree
Specific admission requirements:
Completed bachelor degree program and entrance examination, if required.
Qualification requirements and regulations:
Finished Bachelor's degree program with a bachelor diploma.
Specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning:
There are no specific arrangements for recognition of prior learning. The recognition procedure of the university is guided by the Act No. 111/1998 on Higher Education Institutions and the university "Study and Examination Rules".
Profile of the program:
Study of the program of Accounting and taxes will provide to a student a deep knowledge of complex accounting operations including accounting and tax impacts of the transformation of commercial companies, knowledge of international accounting standards and international taxation. Student of this program is also thoroughly familiar with the issue of tax administration. Graduates are able to professionally provide and manage all financial and accounting aspects of the business and relations with banks and other financial institutions, including tax problems. Graduates are also acquainted with information and communication technologies and with their effective application in all activities.
Key learning outcomes:
- graduate obtains a comprehensive understanding of the problems of international accounting standards and international taxation
- graduate obtains knowledge of the process of tax administration and is able to organize and manage the proper fulfillment of tax obligations in differ
- graduate has knowledge in the field of complex business operations, including the transformation of commercial companies
- graduate is able to conceptually address the problem of financial operations and processes at all levels of the management of the organization
- graduate is able to control accounting, tax and financial processes in multinational companies
- graduate is able to evaluate the accounting, financial and tax impacts of the international transactions
Graduates have a wide range of employment in the economic and financial positions in business entities, including multinational companies, audit firms and tax offices. Other employment of graduates is in the accounting and financial positions in non-profit organizations and in the state administration.
Min. 120 ECTS, state final exam, defense of the master's thesis.
Access to further studies:
Successful graduates may proceed to the doctoral study program.
Note: To obtain 60 ECTS credits per academic year, students should choose courses from any other study program taught at the university.