The Master in Accounting and Financial Management (specialization in International Finance)* at UPF Barcelona School of Management will train you as an expert professional in finance and accounting, thinking especially about companies with international presence. Basic aspects such as detailed knowledge of international accounting regulations, multinational financial management or international taxation will be discussed in depth.
*Pending approval AQU.
While studying the Master in Accounting and Financial Management (specialization in International Finance), taught both in spanish and english, you will acquire the necessary knowledge to align the evolution of the economic and financial enviroment with the management of companies with a strong internationalization. Throughout the course, you will deepen international financial reporting standards, aspects related to the financing of international operations and management control systems of multinational companies.
Aimed at university graduates from administration and management, economics or business studies, or professionals working in accounting and finance, the Master in Accounting and Financial Management (specialization in International Finance) boasts an eminent teaching staff made up of lecturers from the Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University and professionals working in leading businesses. From these renowned lecturers you will also learn management techniques and skills for leading working teams in finance and accounting departments.
With the Master in Accounting and Financial Management you may also specialize in Controlling and Corporate Finance.
Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 6pm to 9pm. Classes can be held on Thursdays or Fridays according to the electives chosen.
University masters degree: the Government of Catalonia establishes a tax to issue the official degree. This tax varies annually and the amount will be established at the time of request of the degree, once the programme is successfully completed.
Why this program?
- Because it has a first rate academic board and teaching staff, made up of academics from the Department of Economics and Business at Pompeu Fabra University and professionals working in the main companies in the sector
- For the chance to intern with leading companies and institutions like BBVA, Puig, Banc Sabadell, Cinesa, Danone, DKV, Everis, Grupo Santander, Hewlett- Packard, Mango, Seat, T-Systems, Unilever, etc.
- For the dual focus of its content: the academic lecturers will teach you about their latest research in auditing, accounting, Controlling and finance, while the professional lecturers will show you how to apply this knowledge to the day-to-day reality of business today.
- Know how to manage a financial or accounting department of a multinational.
- To know exhaustively the operation of international accounting standards (NIF-IFRS).
- Know how to relate the elements necessary to make optimal investment decisions and financing in international enviroments.
- Know how to design the planning of a company in an optimal way, taking into account aspects related to international taxation.
- Understand the operation of the currency accounts and the most appropriate financial products for the management of exchange rate, interest rate and country risks.
- Know the conceptual elements that help to design the financial policy of the company.
Who is it for?
The Master in Accounting and Financial Management (specialization in International Finance) is aimed at new professionals who would like to direct their careers towards accounting or finance departments, and also those who would like to improve their future career opportunities. Those taking part in this Master's are university graduates and professionals already working in accounting and finance departments.
- Graduate students with a university degree in the field of Economics, Business Administration or Business Management.
- Graduates from other disciplines not related to business studies must necessarily have at least three years of professional experience in the field of finance.
- Those students who are not native Spanish speakers will be asked at least B2 Spanish (CEFR).
- The evaluation of candidates will be based on a written presentation in which the candidates present their motivations for studying the master and their professional goals.
Knowledge of English
An official English level certificate must be presented with these minimum marks:
- TOEFL CBT: > 235
- TOEFL PBT: >575
- TOEFL IBT: >100
- Certificate of Proficiency in English: between A and C
- Certificate in Advanced English: between A and C
- First Certificate in English: A
- IELTS: > 6.5
Participants who have English as their native language will not have to present any certificates.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 27, 2017