Accounting and Auditing programme is an internationally acknowledged study programme, providing in-depth theoretical and practical knowledge of accounting and audit for pursuit of prestigious internationally recognised ACCA qualification and becoming a professional accounting or audit specialist, senior accountant, financial director, company’s manager at national or international company of audit, accounting or other business branch, Lithuanian or EU public sector institution.
The programme is run in Vilnius, the capital city, where major international accounting companies are located. Outstanding links with them provides placements, collaborative research, and employment. The studies are organised in the way to combine both studies and professional development at the same time.
Competencies of international accounting standards
It is the only programme in Lithuania which ensures the competences of international accounting standards for the work at international companies (University of Edinburgh, 2015).
ACCA examinations certificates
It is the only programme in the Baltic States, accredited by the International Association of Accounting Professionals; graduation of this programme provides a credit for 3 ACCA examinations (F5, F7 and F8).
Internships in leading accounting companies
The programme is run in Vilnius with the highest concentration of financial and auditing companies in Lithuania to match studies and professional development simultaneously.
– Graduate has deep theoretical knowledge of accounting and audit, is able to recognise the problems of accounting and audit at the conceptual level;
– Individually solves the problems of accounting consolidation, performance control, assurance of correctness and transparency of financial reports, reduction of information asymmetry in traditional, global and network-based organisations;
– Able to argue methodologically and conduct accounting and audit applied research, effectively communicate their results.
– Able to apply accounting methodology in practical implementation of national and international standards, and while individually solving problems of accounting consolidation, information transparency and reduction of asymmetry;
– Able to plan and conduct a financial, internal and social audit using audit methodologies and techniques, and following the principles of professional ethics and social responsibility;
– Able to formulate, assess and prepare an organisation management control system in modern organisations, integrating the latest concepts of accounting, audit, management accounting, intellectual capital, and measurement and management of the company’s value.
|Proficiency in English
IELTS ≥6.0, TOEFL ≥85, CEFR ≥C1, or equivalent
|University Bachelor degree certificate
Undergraduate diploma (or higher) with min. length of 180 ECTS (3 years of studies) is eligible.
Often you can get a suitable transcript from your school. If this is not the case, you will need official translations along with verified copies of the original.
The entry qualification documents are accepted in the following languages: English / Russian.
The documents must be legalised (Apostille) by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the documents were issued. This requirement does not apply for the documents issued in the EU and Belarus, Ukraine.
Average grade (CGPA) > 60 %
For more information of this programme, please visit their web page here.
Program taught in: