Master in Accounting Practice (M.Prof.)
The M.Prof. Accounting Practice has been designed to enhance the capabilities of managers working in the accountancy profession. It does this by developing your skills of reflective practice and culminates in a major workplace-based research project.
It has been designed specifically for members of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants and is an excellent option for those wishing to develop themselves through a critical exploration of their role and evolving managerial responsibilities. One of the benefits of the MProf is that it provides the opportunity to make a claim for academic recognition against your existing relevant formal and informal learning.
What is distinctive about the MProf?
- It focuses on developing participants' individual capabilities as reflective practitioners, and through this enhancing their capability for undertaking practice-based research within their own workplace.
- Because professionals have achieved a significant amount of both formal and informal learning, the MProf provides an opportunity to make a claim for academic credits against relevant prior learning.
- It is designed specifically to support participants in undertaking practice-based research into their workplace activities.
- While the knowledge gained from this research is equally rigorous to a research Masters, it is distinctive in that the participant is placed at the centre of their research investigation, and their findings tend to be applicable within their organisation.
- Participants' study paths and projects are tailored to meet their individual needs and interests, and those of their organisations.
The MProf provides an excellent opportunity for managers to use their existing expertise, professional qualifications or work experience, to gain a CIMA recognised qualification. It is particularly suitable for managers who want to develop their leadership potential whilst continuing to develop their professional practice.
Applicants should normally have been admitted to CIMA membership and have a minimum of three years managerial or professional experience in a full-time senior position. Applications from part-qualified CIMA members will also be considered, particularly where supported by relevant managerial responsibility and/or technical expertise.