Interested in the challenging and growing industry of Facility and Real Estate Management? Consider applying for our exciting master Facility Management and Real Estate Management. During this master, we prepare you for a strategic management function in this dynamic field of work!
Facility management and real estate management have grown out to be specialised management disciplines. Managers understand that without a secondary process a primary process cannot exist. Nowadays facility management and real estate management play a key role in the overall business.
As a result of this development, facility and real estate managers are more involved in the company’s strategy than ever before and not only from a secondary process point of view. Together assets and facilities services are responsible for the appropriate support of the primary processes and its stakeholders. Together with the core business, they are partners in a kind of joint venture for the benefit of all the stakeholders. Departmental borders get blurred and all business processes come together.
In this changing environment facility and real estate managers have to think and to manage in terms of strategy, choices, visions and goals of the overall business to create a company that runs as a well-oiled machine that is fit for use and can provide the maximum output possible.
Planning should be done in the context of the overall company business plan. It is important to understand the relationship between the company's business plan, the facility management & real estate management plan, and the individual strategies of the business units.
A manager will focus on two main tasks. The first is the use of organisational objectives, both long- and short-term. The second is the effective management of the facility & real estate departmental unit(s) within the organisation. The focus on the total environment of the organization is crucial: local, regional, national and global; because a Facility- and Real Estate manager is acting in relationship with - and being responsible for - the global world.
The 12-months Master programme consists of three terms in which students will complete the following subjects and thesis:
Focus of the programme
The foundation of the Master’s programme lies in the following focus areas:
- Trends and strategy: methodologically recognising developments and trends in the external sector and integrating them into the facility & real estate management strategy.
- Core business and leadership: analysing primary processes and developing facility & real estate management strategies in an initiating and creative way, showing entrepreneurial leadership.
- Facility management process, change and client: establishing, commanding and improving facility & real estate management processes and organisational processes to develop processes of change in a client-oriented and efficient way.
- Real estate portfolio and added value: analysing the building portfolio aspects in the context of facility & real estate management processes and the Facility & Real Estate Management company environment as well as the company’s financial situation in order to enhance the added value of the facilities.
- Master level skills: This Master programme will not only focus on developing your analytical and critical thinking skills but also on your research and strategic decision- making skills.
At the end of Term I (early December) the Master students will go on a study trip to the University of Greenwich in London. During this trip, the students will meet their fellow students in London, experience a master class at the University of Greenwich and will visit iconic sites in the City of London.
Admission & Selection
The Master of Facility & Real Estate Management is a selected entry programme in which we accept approximately 15 students per year. The Master has one intake per year, in September.
Applications for the Master are accepted all year round, however, we advise International applicants who need a visa to apply before the 1st of June and EEA students to apply before the 1st of July to ensure their application can be processed in time prior to the start of the programme.
Applicants will not be required to pay an application fee and can have their diplomas assessed free of charge by our Admission Office.
Each candidate is required to apply throughStudielinkand upload the following documents to be considered for the Selection Procedure:
- A copy of diploma and transcript of a 3 year/180 credit relevant Bachelor degree in Facility Management, Real Estate, International Business, Business Administration, Hotel Management, Hospitality Management, Built Environment or another related field of study. (Please note originals will have to be provided prior to the start of the programme).
- Proficiency in English. As the programme is delivered in English, students have to provide proof of their level of English through an IELTS or TOEFL certificate. The English requirements are IELTS 6.0 or TOEFL 550, TOEFL 213 Computer-based, 79-80 IBT or Cambridge Advance exam or an alternative certificate of C1 level issued by the University’s academic secretary. (Please note originals will have to be provided prior to the start of the programme) (If you think you are eligible for an exemption from the English language requirement, you will be able to discuss this with the Selection board during the intake interview).
- Copy of your passport.
- One passport photo.
- Motivation letter.
- Two reference letters(for example from previous employers or academic staff).
Based on the provided information, the university will make an initial assessment and schedule a personal interview (by webcam if necessary) with the Selection Board. After the interview applicants will be ranked based upon their academic transcripts, level of English, references, motivation letter and performance during the interview.
Feel free to visit our website for more information on our programme and Open Days. Alternatively, get in touch with the Master Office (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a personal visit or for assistance with any query.
For more information on our students and activities, please like our Facebook page!
Program taught in: