Master of Tourism and Leisure Management
Language of instruction: English
Every September we welcome a new intake of students for our Master programme, which is taught exclusively in English.
Qualification profiles and key competencies
To be successful in management functions of the tourism and leisure industry, competences along the entire value chain are particularly important.
These competencies include:
- Designing products, processes and services to create value
- Managing organisations and projects
Developing integrated marketing and communication strategies
- Developing effective sales designs
- Fact-based decision making and a sound understanding of the tourism systems.
Graduates of the Master programme in Tourism and Leisure Management
- have a profound understanding of the tourism system including current trends and developments
- adopt a design attitude in their understanding of management and know how to manage co-operations
- are able to extract value from staging experiences rather than selling commodities
- develop competitive tourism products and services by applying the service design methods such as storyboarding, storytelling, co-designing or service prototyping
- develop marketing strategies for products and services in the tourism and leisure industry including both traditional and E-Marketing methods
- develop integrated E-strategies
- are able to take on a holistic view of bundling existing products and services in destinations and develop an effective sales design
- are able to apply research methods for decision making.
- have a profound understanding of the business concepts in tourism sectors of their choice (Meeting Industry & Events / Cultural Tourism / Sport and Outdoor Tourism /
Health and Wellbeing Tourism)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 28, 2018