Master Programme in Informatics
The overall goal of the Master's program in Informatics is that students will develop advanced skills and knowledge in the subject of informatics.
After completion of the program, the student will show
Knowledge and understanding
- knowledge and understanding in their major field of study, including both an overview of the field and deeper knowledge of certain parts of the field and insight into current research and development,
- deepened knowledge of methods applicable in informatics,
Skills and abilities
- ability to integrate knowledge and to analyze, assess and deal with complex phenomena, issues and situations, even with limited information,
- ability to independently identify and formulate issues and to plan and to carry them out within specified time frames,
- ability to verbally and in writing, to present and discuss their conclusions and the knowledge and arguments behind them, in dialogue with different groups,
- the skill required to participate in research and development work or to work in other advanced contexts.
- Bachelor’s degree, 180 credits, in Informatics (or equivalent).
- Verified knowledge of English corresponding to the course English B/6 in the Swedish Upper Secondary School.
Completed program leads to a Degree of Master of Science (60 credits) with a major in Informatics.
Teaching is normally in English. The course literature is in English.
The training is mainly organized on campus, with elements of some courses that support flexible learning.
The program provides national and international co-operation with relevant courses from other institutions for higher education after individual agreement / assessment on the student's request.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 29, 2017