The Master Program in Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science is the first English-taught program in the NTUIC. The program is cross-college cooperation between the College of Bioresources and Agriculture and College of Life Science.
By leveraging the formidable strengths and resources of NTU, the program aims to cultivate global bioagricultural talents that can contribute to the pressing needs of agriculture suitability with advanced knowledge and practical skills of contemporary agriculture.
NTU has been collaborating with international research organizations such as Southeast Asian Regional Center for Graduate Study and Research in Agriculture, International Rice Research Institute and World Vegetable Center. Students have opportunities to involve in the research projects on an international scale and accumulate fieldwork experiences.
Students not only gain advanced knowledge in contemporary agriculture but also acquire plenty of hands-on training and internship to be ready for career development.
Field visits are arranged to help students to understand the practical applications and strengthen the connections with the industry.
The graduates can pursue further Ph.D. studies in related fields. They are also capable of a professional career in government departments, private enterprise, research institutes or international organizations in Taiwan, their home countries or abroad.Hans / Pixabay
The Master Program in Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science is cross-disciplinary and is supported by the College of Bio-resources and Agriculture and College of Life Science.
The objective of this program is that students possess advanced knowledge and demonstrate practical skills in contemporary agriculture.
There are two main focuses of this program.
- Smart Agricultural Engineering
- Genome Science and Technology
The graduates are expected to achieve the core competencies, including smart farming technology, genome science research, breeding science, and technology.
What You’ll Study
- Global Agriculture Technology Foresight
- Mathematical Method for Life Science
- Scientific Writing
- Research Training
- Field Practice and Internship
- Agriculture of Taiwan
- Crop Modeling
- Plant Phenotyping
- Process Control for Smart Farming
- Plant Factory
- Smart Technology Applied to Livestock Production
- Special Topics in Poultry Production Medicine and Products Processing
- Waste Treatment Engineering
- Application of Blockchain Technology in Agriculture
- Genetics and Genomics
- Core Biotechnology: DNA, RNA, and Protein
- Advanced Plant Molecular Biology
- Introduction to Bioinformatics
- Crop Genomic Breeding
We provide solid hands-on training and internship programs, which ensure you to be ready for your career development.
- Biotech Companies
- Internship Opportunities
- International Organization
Also, we arrange field visits to help you to understand the practical applications, strengthen your connections with the industry.
- International students (non-Republic of China citizens only)
- Please refer to the Who Can Apply – International Degree Students
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Proof of English language proficiency in the form of one of the following:
- Previous degree from an English-speaking country or taught entirely in English
- IELTS score of 5.5 or above
- TOEIC score of 750 or above
- TOEFL (iBT) score of 71 or above
How to Apply
All international application for admission to NTU is via the Office of International Affairs (OIA).
From 2020.08.03 to 2020.12.18
- Tuition fee: USD 5,000 per semester
- Housing fee (estimated):
- 4-person room (shared bathroom): USD 260 per semester
- 2-person room (shared bathroom): USD 430 per semester
- 2-person room (private bathroom): USD 817 per semester
- Living expenses (estimated): USD 1,667 per semester
Scholarship of Master Program in Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science
We provide merit-based scholarships for our students. The amount awarded will be equivalent to approximately 50% to 100% of the recipient’s tuition and fees, which is 5,000 USD or 10,000 USD per year. Candidates with an outstanding academic record are eligible and encouraged to apply.
- The Master Program in Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science reserves the right to change these terms, conditions, and the actual total amount of scholarship at any time without prior notice.
NTU-SEARCA Joint Scholarship Program for Global Agriculture Technology and Genomic Science
- Coverage Entitlements:
- Tuition and other school fees
- Travel allowance to cover international airfare
- Book and supplies allowance
- Health insurance
- Living allowance for food, lodging and incidental expense
- Eligibility Criteria:
- Must be nationals of SEAMEO member countries;
- Must not be more than 35 years of age at the time of application; and
- Planned research must be in line with the priority areas of SEARCA’s Eleventh Five-Year Plan i.e., agri-business models for increased productivity and income, sustainable farming systems and natural resource management, food and nutrition security, transformational leadership for agriculture and rural development (ARD), gender and youth engagement in ARD, enhanced ARD towards climate resilience, and eco-health/one-health applications to ARD.
- Application Deadline: 2020/11/20
- To know more scholarship details, please visit: https://ischo.searcaapps.org/ischo/form#
About the School
NTUIC incorporates NTU’s strengths in several leading subjects to provide English-taught interdisciplinary programs that suit global needs and keep up with international trends. Based on the idea of c ... Read More