Master Program - Economics
The Barcelona GSE Economics Program provides rigorous training in economics. It aims to endow students with a deep understanding of the field and a powerful set of analytical tools. Students who complete the program will have acquired an excellent grounding in their field and the analytical skills required for a technically demanding job or admission to the most prestigious doctoral programs.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a Master Degree in Economics and Finance awarded with the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
Skills acquired in this master program
- Solid command of quantitative economics
- Expertise in a wide range of specializations in different fields of economics
- Competence in both theoretical and empirical approaches, from foundation to applications and policy
- Facility with the tools necessary to successfully pursue a top PhD in economics
Who will benefit from this program
- Graduates in economics, mathematics or engineering
- Aspiring PhD students looking for a rigorous master program in economics
- Junior economic analysts looking for a postgraduate degree with advanced tools in quantitative economics
Who hires graduates of this program
- Authorities and Government Agencies
- International Organizations
- Research Institutions
- Banking Industry
- Economic Consulting Firms
Many students use the Economics program as preparation for entry into competitive PhD programs. Some of them join the Barcelona GSE's reference doctoral programs (GPEFM at Universitat Pompeu Fabra and IDEA at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona). Others enter top programs elsewhere in Europe or the United States.
This school offers programs in: