Master Program - Competition and Market Regulation
As competition policy becomes increasingly relevant in both the public and private sectors, there is a great need for professionals prepared to address market regulation issues. The highly practical focus of the Competition and Market Regulation Program (MCMR) assures that students in the program graduate with sound job prospects in their chosen field and an advanced understanding of the interaction between economic theory and practice.
Upon successful completion of the program, students will receive a Master Degree in Specialized Economic Analysis awarded jointly with the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and the Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
Skills acquired in this master program
- Train in Economic theory, especially in the areas of microeconomics, industrial economics, information economics, game theory and strategic behavior.
- Master the fundamentals of competition law and its sources.
- Understand theory and models of regulation and in particular the basic regulatory framework of the main industrial sectors.
- Present cases in public, developing specific skills for discussion and arguments from different points of view.
- Write technical reports based on the combination of real data analysis, analysis of relevant economic literature and its own criteria.
- Formalize theory (using game theory or economic theory models) discussions on competition policy.
Who will benefit from this program
- Graduates in Economics or Business with a strong interest in microeconomics.
- Graduates in Engineering who need a solid basis in economics and the functions of markets and organizations in a variety of industries.
- Junior consultants seeking in-depth training in competition and market regulation policies.
- Researchers at antitrust authorities looking for advanced techniques and tools.
- Aspiring Ph.D. students looking for a rigorous economic master program.
Who hires graduates of this program
- International economic consultancies.
- Competition authorities.
- Research Institutes.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 22, 2017