Master Program General Management
The Master Program General Management has been designed for motivated, dedicated and outstanding graduates of Bachelor or Diploma degree programs who are not only interested in attaining key management positions but who also wish to learn how to solve current issues and face future challenges within businesses and at organizations. The program prepares students for a career in a dynamic, global and competitive environment. This four-semester Master Program qualifies graduates for a variety of key management positions. The program is held in English, supporting its international and practice-oriented character. Students will acquire and develop professional and subject-related language skills.
The program enables graduates to position themselves in the job market according to each individual designated profile. Students can choose from four fields of specialization: Marketing & International Marketing, Human Resource Management & Organization, Global Strategic Management, and Entrepreneurship. In addition, the program explores current and future challenges facing business and society: Innovation, Globalization, and Sustainability.
Special courses have been designed to help students hone their personal, social and intercultural skills. As part of the program, students also have an option to spend one or two semesters studying abroad at a partner university. In cooperation with specially selected universities, tailor-made modules for students have been pre-approved for credit transfer. An additional benefit of the program is learning and understanding more about management concepts and economic correlations within each cultural and intercultural context.
The Master Program General Management qualifies graduates for a broad spectrum of general as well as specialized key positions in management. The academically sound, practice-oriented nature of the program was designed to prepare students for an international career.
The Master General Management is a two-year, full-time program taught in English.
- Science-based education in key functions of General Management
- Competence development for future managers with entrepreneurial thinking
- Science-based knowledge of challenges related to globalization, innovation, and sustainability
from a business administration view
- Deepening of knowledge and skills in selected management functions
- Development of scientific methodological competencies
- Development of critical-analytical interdisciplinary competences
- Development of personal, interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Deepening of management knowledge abroad
- Development of management competencies in the following areas
- Marketing & International Marketing
- Global Strategic Management
- Human Resource Management & Organization
Degree Program: Master’s Degree in General Management
Degree Awarded: Master of Science (MSc or MSc (JKU))
Program Length: 4 semesters
Last updated January 25, 2018