The MSc in Information Systems for Management Has an identity based on the acquisition of knowledge for the training of Information Systems Analysts in business contexts.
Organizations' information systems have undergone many significant changes. This course exposes students to the latest trends in the industry, enabling them to acquire the knowledge and develop the skills necessary for the success of their professional career.
The learning objectives of this masters center around the following strategic vectors:
- Focus on the specification and modeling of business processes, as well as on the processing and processing of information.
- Provide the student with knowledge to perform functions of management and coordination of teams responsible for Information Systems in companies.
- Specialization in the analysis and management of IT services and in the design of Information Systems architectures for companies.
- Training oriented to the governance of Information Systems in a business context
- To enable the student to respond to the challenges of the information and knowledge society.
- Domain of models and techniques to support the decision process in companies.
- Proximity to the business world through seminars and projects (guest speakers in the classroom)
The syllabus follows the recommendations of the Association for Computing Machinery in Information Systems 2010 (ACM IS 2010), incorporating the following areas of knowledge:
- IS 2010.1 Foundations of Information Systems
- IS 2010.2 Data and Information Management
- IS 2010.3 Enterprise Architecture
- IS 2010.7 IS Strategy, Management & Acquisition
In terms of the market, these are areas of high growth and where the lack of qualified specialists is both felt by the inherent complexity and demand and by the comprehensiveness of the skills required.
Among other topics related to the modeling, analysis, simulation and control of the various facets in terms of the current and future needs of the Information Systems. Concepts such as informational entities, analysis of spatiotemporal data with the incorporation of predictive models, business processes, systems modeling, and the design of information systems architectures according to different perspectives of analysis (business, application, informational) are predominant in terms of Nuclear competencies.
Within the scope of the M-SIG the student will have the opportunity to carry out professional certifications in nuclear areas of the course.
- Information Systems Analyst
- Business Process Analyst
- Data Analyst
- Data Scientist & Data Mining
- Decision Support Systems Consulting
- Business Intelligence
- BigData & Social Networks
- Emerging Technologies
- Information Systems and Services Management
- Responsible for IT Governance
- Research and Teaching in Informatics Engineering
This school offers programs in:
- Portuguese (Portugal)