The Master's program Business and Law with the Focus Business Law aimed at people with a first degree in the form of bachelor or diploma, for example, for graduates of the Bachelor program Business Law (LL.B.) the DIPLOMA. The distance learning enables further professional development and specialization with a professional perspective on international business management.
The Study Business and Law with a focus on business law is as virtual distance learning with interactive online lectures created to offer particular professionals the best possible location independence. The tests during the master's program can be stored in the numerous study centers of the DIPLOMA.
is the normal period 5 semester.
Master's program Business and Law
Distance learning Economics and Law aims to service training for corporate lawyers and economists. The focus of the study are issues that both have economic and legal references. This profile of the Master's program is the modern requirements for business lawyers justice who in a legally regulated environment are increasingly active. The opportunity to specialize and skill sets offer Elective areas of labor law, financial services, insurance, taxes, and revision.
The program provides as opposed to purely legal courses a comprehensive understanding of commercial issues and complex practice-relevant questions of law taking into account the growing internationalization of business enterprises. The knowledge and skills gained qualify the graduates to develop and implement practicable solutions to.
The master's degree Economics and Law with a focus on business law authorized for Positions in higher service such. as at the federal, state and local authorities. In addition, graduates acquire the academic master's degree a prerequisite for a subsequent doctorate.
Distance learning: 5 semesters / 120 ECTS The actual study time can be extended study free of charge up to 4 semesters over the normal period.
With sufficient number of participants in the winter term (October) and summer term (April).
Accreditation of the study program through the accreditation agency AHPGS.
Tuition and Fees
Distance learning: € 297.00 / month (. Total amount € 8,910.00 plus one-off examination fee of € 915.00)
Distance learning with interactive online courses through the online campus of the University DIPLOMA; Part time.
Passed bachelor or diploma exam DIPLOMA at university or at another university or college (esp. in the fields of economics or law) or least equivalent foreign degree in the same or related field of study with a Normal period of at least six semesters.
Applicants whose final grade her first professional academic degree "sufficient" is on, can not participate in the Master's program. Applicants with the conclusion "satisfactory" shall state in a free placement test that they are able to complete this study successfully.
Master of Arts (MA) - Graduates receive a Master's certificate and a -Urkunde and a penned in English called "Diploma Supplement" and a "Transcript of Records" (Transcript of Records) that she / deport him internationally as an academic with a Master's degree. After the Bologna decisions a master's degree-holder has knowledge the requirements for a doctorate.
MAIN AREAS OF STUDY
Elective courses and content of the module Labour Law of the Master's program Economics and Law - Business Law (MA):
I. Work Legal determinants of management:
- Labor and demographic change: working hours and working-life accounts, occupational pensions, early retirement, parental leave
- Employment in the operational function context: temporary workers, outsourcing
- Employment as an ethical point of reflection: Work Legal Protection against Discrimination with special consideration of the AGG, employment in the tension between social vulnerability and economic freedom
- Employment in the competition of legal systems: in particular influences of European law, cross-border employee representation
. II labor and social law in personnel administration:
- Wage Tax aspects of employment: wage tax calculation, filing and discharge, wage tax audit and liability, income tax law from the perspective of the employee (tax card and classes, Lohnsteuerjahresausgleich), issues of wage replacement benefits and the wage inflow
- Pensions law: In particular, vacation entitlement and settlements, vacation time, holiday pay and unpaid leave
- Social Security Legal aspects of employment: concept and function of social security contributions, duties of the employer in relation to social security contributions, especially accrual and due date of contribution claims concerning limitation and forfeiture, peculiarities of payment of contributions for accident insurance
- Labor and social security aspects of employment promotion: employee benefits, employee benefits, especially at inclusion, recruitment and training, labor market programs with special reference European Social Fund
- Social Security Legal aspects of unemployment benefits: conditions of entitlement originated, claim duration and height, suspension of the right to unemployment benefits
Elective courses and content of the module Financial Services of Masters courses Economics and Law - Management (MA) and Economics and Law - Business Law (MA)
I. Financial services:
- [Repeat from Bachelor Programme: Fundamentals of financial services, banking products, financial markets]
- Concept and functions of broker, asset manager, investment advisory companies, brokers, multiple agents, distribution companies
- Instruments of financial market analysis and (private) Financial planning
- Investment companies (foundations, fund-principle, investment funds vs. direct investment)
- Basic forms of fund investment and their classifications
- Risks associated with the fund investment
- Financial Engineering (financial innovation and financial engineering, basics of derivative financial products, strategic uses of options and financial futures)
. II Financial Services:
- Building Societies (history, legal foundations, collective building society financing, governmental building society promotion, promotion of home ownership)
- Future developments in the financial services sector (development of international markets / on the German market, market development and revenue potential of the source for FDL, future scenarios)
- Property Relevant Areas of Law (Public building law, civil construction law)
- Property Relevant business fundamentals (soil and land values, real estate finance, GL of the real estate tax law, real estate marketing, project development, facility management)
- Economic aspects of the residential real estate construction (project development, marketing, financing and opportunities, capital budgeting)
Tax and auditing
Elective courses and content of the module control and revision of the master's programs Economics and Law - Business Law (MA) as well as economic and legal - Management (MA):
I. Taxes and revision:
- The corporate taxation
- The Tax Code / delivery types
- accountability rules
- The administrative tax law
- Rights and obligations of the citizen control and consequences for non-compliance
- The income tax (tax liability, income categories, determining the income, income determination, non-deductible expenses)
- Business income, from self-employment, not from self-employment, from capital, from rent and lease, other income
- from income for income to taxable income for income tax calculation
- The corporation (foundations, determination, calculation, suitable for distribution equity, corporate fixed)
- The business tax (The commercial operation, design and calculation of trade tax)
. II Taxes and revision:
- The sales tax (tax subject, tax base, calculation)
- Introducing the Review Act (Review subject, evaluation criteria, various measurement principles)
- Operating taxes as decision phenomenon (Tax considerations when investing in funding, in production programs, in the sale, the choice of location, in legal form, at concentrations between undertakings)
- Balance sheets as an information tool of the company
- Record types, financial statements
- Balance sheet analysis and balance criticism
Priority events and content of the module Insurance Law of the Master's program Economics and Law - Business Law (MA):
I. Legal framework in the insurance industry and business practice:
- Corporate Insurance: Insurance company headquartered in Germany and foreign insurers in Germany
- Law of Insurance Supervision: Legal sources, objectives and means of insurance supervision and selected issues of insurance supervision with particular reference to the activities of the Federal Financial Supervisory Authority (BaFin)
- Cross-border and international aspects of insurance law: European insurance law, international private and procedural law (insurance contracts involving foreign countries, cross-border civil proceedings in matters relating to insurance)
- Instruments of judicial and extrajudicial control of insurance activity: jurisdiction, action types and -ausschlussfrist, aspects of the burden of proof in the insurance process; Versicherungsombudsmann eV, history, organizational structure and rules of procedure of the Arbitration Board
- New rules of insurance contract law: legislative procedure to VVG, cornerstones and principles of the reform legislation
- General insurance contract law to the Insurance Contract Act: dogmatism and General Insurance Conditions, entering into and termination of the membership, insurance agents and brokers, obligations of the policyholder and the insurer, duties, recourse
- Conclusion of insurance contracts using electronic media
. II insurance law in business practice:
- Occupational / industrial insurance, transportation and forwarding Insurance Law, technical insurance
- Environmental liability and product liability
- D & O insurance with particular emphasis on corporate law aspects of liability of the members of management and supervisory bodies
- Private credit insurance and public export credit insurance
- Selected questions of life insurance with special attention to transparency requirements of BGH
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 23, 2017