The highly specialized and interdisciplinary master's degree program "Media, Management and Digital Technologies" (MMT) was created in order to train both future leaders and founders in the (digital) media industry that show a high level of expertise in the intersection between media, management and digital technologies. Therefore, the main goal is to attract highly talented and ambitious students from all over Europe and other parts of the world with a background in business, informatics respectively computer science or other integrated programs. The MMT master's program is a consecutive four-semester Master of Science (M.Sc.) degree program that is fully taught in English and which does not require German language skills. It is jointly offered by the Munich School of Management and the Institute for Informatics of Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München (LMU). The program is completely funded by the initiative "Digitaler Campus Bayern" which is part of Bavaria's digitization strategy "BAYERN DIGITAL". In general, there are no tuition fees for participating in the MMT program.
The MMT program:
- gives you the opportunity to pursue your master's degree at one of Europe's most renowned universities in a city with a very high living quality,
- offers students a unique and future-oriented course structure with highly relevant practical contents,
- is mostly held in small groups for maximized learning success,
- is taught by leading scientists and researchers in their field,
- permanently collaborates with well-known corporate partners of the media and Internet industry of Europe's prime digital media hub,
- provides its graduates numerous career perspectives in the media and Internet industry as well as other industries that extensively use digital technologies - but also as founders or in academia.
The MMT master's program comprises four semesters (starting in winter semester on a yearly basis) in accordance with the general schedule of the LMU. Each semester accounts for 30 ECTS credit points, thus students have to acquire 120 ECTS credit points in total.
The course structure consists of five major building blocks:
- Business and Technology: This block contains four specific courses that integrate both contents from business and informatics. All course formats are highly interactive and will be partly conducted as so called "project courses" in close collaboration with companies from the media and Internet industry.
- Media Business: The three courses of "Media Business" address media-related topics from a business perspective. The courses "Digital Products and Services" and "Electronic Markets" will be taken together with students from other master's program at Munich School of Management.
- Media Technologies: This block comprises two lectures that are offered by the Institute for Informatics and which address media-related issues from a technological perspective. Again, parts of this lectures will be taken together with students from other master's program at the Institute for Informatics.
- Electives: Students of the MMT program have the opportunity to elect (advanced) courses from both business and informatics according to their preferences and interests. For this reason, a broad catalogue of courses is provided by both faculties.Each student must acquire in total 18 ECTS credit points, thereof at least 6 credit points in each discipline.
- Finale Module: During their 4th semester, students of the MMT program are required to write their master thesis about a relevant topic at one of the participating institutes respectively chairs from the Munich School of Management or the Institute for Informatics.
Candidates need to demonstrate a completed bachelor's degree in either business administration with a minor in informatics or in informatics with a minor in business administration. Graduates of integrated programs like media informatics or information systems are also highly invited to apply for the program. Additionally, applicants need to prove very good English language skills. Knowledge of the German language is no prerequisite. We provide you the opportunity to apply for the MMT program on a yearly basis. An application is possible from 1st February to 15th May of the year in which you would like to commence your studies.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2017