The World Health Organization (WHO) identifies 2,030 road traffic injuries as one of the main factors affecting the health and safety of the population. Currently, road accidents cause more than 1.3 million deaths annually and between 25 and 52 million serious injuries.
WHO has promoted this decade as the decade of road safety globally. Major public and private entities are introducing new models of traffic management, mobility and road safety systems to reduce the risk of accidents and optimize the mobility of their resources. These efforts are succeeding in reducing road accidents and, in addition, generating economic value and reducing costs.
This IMF Master in collaboration with Camilo José Cela University provides the necessary knowledge to design road management systems that allow obtaining ISO 39001 certification and promoting sustainable mobility in all its dimensions and areas of operation.
This training is mainly aimed at safety and prevention technicians who are responsible for the definition of accident minimization programs associated with the use of vehicles and pedestrians that are the main focus of accidents. This course is also aimed at technicians from different public bodies and security forces, in order to prevent and reduce road accidents.
The objective of the Master in Road Safety is to provide the student with the tools that allow him to define mobility and road safety plans in both private and public organizations. It will give the student a global idea of the business world, ISO certifications, so that organizations can demonstrate their efficiency and quality in traffic and road safety.
This is a very current issue, immersed in the decade of improving road safety at the global level, as defined by the UN. Training is intrinsically linked to the efforts of governments and public organizations to reduce the risk of accidents. Companies and public bodies are incorporating in their processes of management of mobility plans, management and optimization of the use of vehicles, something that was not provided to professionals in the past.
Bachelor's or equivalent professional experience
- Any public or private entity that has drivers (professional or not) and vehicles (fleet) or a combination of both
- Auditors and Safety Technicians at Work
- Road Safety Technicians
Introduction to Traffic and Road Safety
- Origin and fundamental concepts of traffic
- Concept of road safety, evolution and trend
- Socio-economic and environmental impact of transport
- Epidemiology of accidents
- Mobility and accessibility plans
- Measures and applications of road safety
Legislation and Applicable Legal Framework
- History and evolution of traffic legislation
- General regulation of vehicles
- General regulation of drivers
- General traffic regulations
Infrastructures in Road Safety
- Road networks
- Classification, typology, road projects. Traffic Engineering
- The role of infrastructures in active and passive safety
- Security control centers for traffic management and control
- Preservation and maintenance of infrastructures
- Inspection and audit of road infrastructure safety
- Specific infrastructures for the transport of goods and passengers
- Intelligent infrastructures. Horizons and challenges for the future
- Parts and systems of motor vehicles
- Maintenance and technical inspection of the vehicle
- Active vehicle safety
- Passive vehicle safety
- Post-accident safety
- Safety distinguishing elements by type of vehicle
- Fleets of vehicles. The new generations of vehicles
The Human Factor in Driving
- Psychological processes and their influence on driving
- Influential physiological driving factors
- Drugs as a risk factor in driving
- Types of driving
- Vulnerable users in traffic
- Driver training, competence and attitude
- Ducts and dangerous attitudes while driving
The Operational, Business and Industrial Context in Road Safety
- Passenger transport companies
- Freight transport companies
- Special vehicles and transport companies
- School and child transport
- The social context of road transport
- Urban and metropolitan operational context
- Inter-urban operational context
Preventive Methods of Road Safety
- Aspects defining the accident
- Accident investigation: data annotation
- Accident investigation: research methods
- Liability for traffic accidents. Insurance required
Techniques, Methods and Processes of Investigation of Traffic Accidents
- Road safety education and training
- Initial training and retraining of drivers
- Preventive methods of road safety applied to the car fleet
- The role of DGT and police forces in road surveillance
Standardized Systems for Traffic Management, Mobility and Operational Road Safety
- How to create and improve a mobility plan with road safety factors
- How to create a comprehensive road safety management system
- Road Safety Audits
- Tools for the management of road safety
- Standard certifications for road and operational safety
- Transport risk management and the OHSAS standard
- The culture of road safety at work: reality, challenges and objectives
Basic, Pre-intermediate, Intermediate or Advanced
The student can choose one of the four levels
The Master in Traffic, Mobility and Road Safety offers a totally flexible methodology adapted to your needs, regardless of geographical location or availability of time.
E-Learning Methodology: All content will be available on the campus virtual campus 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, without any mandatory schedule so it becomes extremely flexible. In this way, it is easy to reconcile an active professional life with an excellent academic formation.
All contents are updated with great technical rigor, are easy to understand and have a clear practical vocation.
The IMF Business School offers its students:
- Personal tutorials (chat, phone, email)
- Discussion and discussion groups through forums and chats
- Self evaluation tests
- Case studies and documentation
- Virtual library
The student has self-assessment exercises during each module of the training program to help measure progress in studies.
Obtaining the double degree Master IMF Business School + Master Universidad Camilo José Cela, is subject to passing a final evaluation exam.
The Course Tutors Panel is essentially comprised of corporate and academic professionals who can pass on to students real work experiences and practical examples from their experience in business activity.
Download the programmatic content to know the Panel of Tutors.
At the end of this Master is able to:
- Define Mobility and Road Safety Plans
- Improve Road Safety in Private or Public Organizations
Program taught in: