Food safety is one of the most interesting and complicated chapters for those who are interested in the study of food, its characteristics, that is, its appearance, its safety and its nutritional value.
When we talk about Food Safety we believe that only refer to the possibility that something can reach food and cause infectious or toxic process type. Instead, it is a broader term, since there are situations food preparation or composition, which may relate to cases or outbreaks of food-borne.
On the other hand, it is also necessary to approach the current topic as the Quality, Food Safety and Traceability of products by analyzing from the legal perspective the most relevant aspects of processes and products.
At the moment, it is also necessary to know the basic concepts of Food Safety from a juridical perspective (latest normative advances), scientific (methods of food analysis), sociological (social reaction to the so-called food crises) and administrative (public Food safety), integrated into a systemic and multinational structure of guarantee and control.
Therefore, it is intended to address the problem of food security from a broad perspective, trying to tackle each chapter from the current situation, trying to figure out their future perspective and trying to provide solutions where possible. Introduced as a new approach to the legal regulations on safety and responsibility in food production, focusing on legal responsibilities; providing practical and preventive guidance on the subject, increasingly important in decision-making.
- Provide the participant with strategies and skills needed to develop research on food security in public and private schools.
- Provide students with the advances in both theoretical knowledge and possible applications in improving product quality.
- Introduce to participants the basics of organizing a food business both in terms of technical aspects such as business management and market.
- Provide and validate the necessary elements to achieve a quality product through process management to respond to market demand as and when demand.
- Manage Spanish and European regulations for agri-food regulation
- Train the student to integrate in the professional action the knowledge regarding the functions of the European Food Authority and the National Agencies of Food Security.
- Bring students on procedures for obtaining quality certification and the food safety.
- See Food Security as a derivation of the constitutional right to health
- Food safety.
Graduates, graduates or graduates with knowledge and experience in the field of food hygiene.
- Technical managers of agro-food companies
- Responsible for Regulatory Councils of Appellations of Origin and other quality labels.
- Auditors of Quality Systems and Food Safety
- Quality and Food Safety Systems Certifiers
- Consultants in Quality Systems and Food Safety
- Responsible for food distribution chains
- Adviser of implementation of the Food Safety in the Industry
- Technicians and responsible for laboratories accredited in ISO / IEC 17025
- Knowledge and understanding that provide a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and / or implementation of ideas.
- That the students can apply their knowledge and their ability to solve problems in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their field of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- Students can communicate their conclusions with the knowledge and rationale underpinning to specialists and non-specialists in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- Students must possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Apply systems that can reduce or eliminate the risk agents.
- Acquire tools for auditing, assessment and management of health risks
- Evaluate food control systems
- Choosing the parameters of nutrition, food and adequate management for a quality product.
- Apply advances in both theoretical knowledge and possible applications in improving product quality.
- Identify and intervene to improve organizational processes food business both in terms of technical aspects such as business management and market.
- Assess the implications of technical decisions in business economics and market decisions, to advise or manage food sector companies in a context of sustainability.
- Design a plan of quality management and environmental management of the food business.
- Apply the regulation of Food Security by analyzing the most relevant aspects of it.
- To analyze in each case the mechanisms of control of the Security and the Food Quality by the Public Administrations and to give answer.
- Identify responsibility for food insecurity throughout the food chain.
- Identify the criminal liability that can be incurred in case of breaches of food safety, labeling, consumption, etc.
- Incorporate consumer rights into food security management throughout the food chain.
- Evaluate the information that should be contained in the labels of foodstuffs,
- Apply the legal regime of the fishing sector, Denominations of Origin and other distinctions, new foods, wine, cava, oil, foods with an intended health purpose, GMOs and transgenic foods. Comprehensive and Ecological products.
- Manage "conditionality" of products and the environment.
- Analyze the reaction and social sensitivity to food crises.
- Apply public safety controls on food.
- Identify the European Food Authority and the National Agencies of Food Security.
- Update the regulatory procedures related to food safety.
- Identify the information to be supplied to the consumer on food labels and brands.
- Apply procedures to address the food crisis and early warning. Consumer protection in the face of food crises.
- Organize an agri-food business (cooperatives, agrarian processing companies ...) with respect to food quality and safety.
- Manage advisory services as a means of implementing Food Safety in Industry.
- Implement the management of the technical competence and quality of accredited laboratories: ISO / IEC 17025 standards. Control and certification bodies.
- Define Food Safety as a derivation of the constitutional right to health.
- Recognize food poisoning as a crime.
- To assess the indemnifications to the consumer in cases of food poisoning.
- To analyze the variables involved in the area of knowledge management program.
- Develop skills for making informed decisions referred.
- Reflect on the forms of communication needed by management.
- Recognize and solve problems related to the management of the area of knowledge of the program.
- Promote the culture of dialogue mediation and conflict resolution.
- Manage bibliographic and documentary resources.
- Communicate orally and in writing:
- Use appropriate scientific terminology;
- Writing professional reports;
- Write publications;
- orally defend and argue their contributions.
- Develop a learning process based on reflection in action.
- Analyse and summarize documents and interpret protocols. Find information sources, consult and select the information needed for specific topics.
About the School
La Fundación Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona (FUAB) es una institución creada en el seno de la Universidad Autónoma de Barcelona para colaborar con la Universidad en el desarrollo y en la realizació ... Read More