The Master in Microfinance and Social Development is designed for professionals working in banking, microcredit and social development programs. In the Masters participants learn and practice the tools and techniques used by microfinance institutions to provide financial services to the poor and promote social development in disadvantaged communities and groups.
The Master is jointly organized with the University of Alcalá and has the support of Cajasol Foundation. We aim to contribute to the joint effort by the progressive profitable and responsible people who do not have access to formal financial banking system. The main asset of the Master are the players and the relationships established between them. Learning through collaborative techniques and the generation of shared knowledge are the skills upon which more work and develop the program. The online mode most of the program allows it compatible with your work.
We hope you choose to join our Master in Microfinance and Social Development to personally welcome you my CIFF in Madrid and to share with you this exciting experience.
Dr. Daniel Sotelsek Microfinance Director at Salem Master CIFF-University of Alcalá
The overall objective of the Master in Microfinance and Social Development focuses on enhancing the skills of the professionals involved in microfinance projects, belonging (or not) to financial institutions.
In the next edition we will focus the operation of savings and credit cooperatives (COAC) and international programs that promote financial literacy.
The specific objectives are: - To know the strategies, credit policies and financial management techniques used in microfinance.
- Know microenterprise and learn the set of services to support it.
- Enhance your training with the knowledge of the banking sector in industrial and developing countries.
- Develop a set of policies, management and commercial characteristics of microfinance institutions (MFIs) focused on dealing with disadvantaged groups skills.
- Develop a comprehensive and integrated training in the field of microfinance through the acquisition of the fundamentals of microfinance and best practices in the microfinance industry on risk management, internal control, audit and supervision.
- Acquisition of microfinance management skills.
About the School
Bienvenido a CIFF -Centro Internacional de Formación Financiera- Escuela de Negocios especializada en finanzas con sede en Madrid. Nuestra Escuela comienza su andadura en 2001, impulsada por Santander ... Read More