The Master in European and International Studies is an excellent training centered on the regulation of contemporary societies in a globalized world.
It is indeed at the global level that certain major issues are being addressed, but also their resolution: national governments are no longer able to respond to the challenges posed by the risks of armed conflicts, climate change, International crime. Understanding today's world therefore requires analyzing both public (States, international organizations, etc.) and private actors (companies, networks, NGOs, etc.) and their strategies in local, national, European and global.
These arenas are the place of constant contestation and redefinition of the rules of the international game, whether public (laws, agreements, etc.) or private (standards, etc.): these are the rules of the game, formal and informal , That must be mastered by the future professional of the international.
This Master's Degree therefore offers students a training course focusing on the regulation of international policies at European and global level in order to provide them with the knowledge but also the know-how necessary to understand and act on the world of tomorrow.
The complexity of our societies requires that we cross our gaze and cross the borders of all kinds : - A cross between the university and the professional world: this diploma recognized by the State is given by a team of ESPOL teachers and researchers, as well as national and international academics and professionals. This crossing must allow the students to overcome the opposition theory / practice and make their knowledge grow. An internship of at least 4 months in the last semester links training and entry into the professional life; - Because contemporary conflicts are always based on political, social, economic, ecological, etc. dimensions, this master offers a multidisciplinary training: it relies on a specialization in political science, fundamental courses in international relations and Seminars more specific to other disciplines.
- Languages are no longer considered as an option: language skills are the sine qua non for entering positions of responsibility, both internationally and in France; This is why ESPOL offers half of the courses in English, in addition to a language module allowing students to deepen their knowledge (up to 3 foreign languages) throughout the course of the training. - Studying at ESPOL also means being close to many international organizations (EU, NATO) or companies located in Brussels, Paris, London and the Lille region: the Master organizes meetings with decision-makers from these organizations And companies as well as field visits.
This master's degree is organized around a core curriculum followed by a specialization :
- M1 Semester 1: Basic courses
- M1 Semester 2: deepening and progressive specialization
- M2 Semester 3: Food Policy
- M2 Semester 3: International Security Policy
- M2 Semester 4: Internship or stay abroad
Objectives of the Master
- In-depth knowledge of policy-making : Train students in the process of shaping national, European and international public policies; Familiarize them with the formal and informal functioning of the organizations involved - Separate sector expertise : Provide students with the technical knowledge needed to master contemporary controversies in their area of specialization (eg knowledge of agricultural sectors or international cooperation on terrorism) Practical tools : Give students practical tools to ensure their rapid integration into the professional world (professionalization modules, management, etc.) - An international affluence : Allow students to develop or improve their language skills with a customizable module of 48 hours of semester courses (2 to 3 languages study, LV3 beginners course to thematic seminars for the most advanced (s))
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 28, 2017