The design of the curriculum of the Master / Expert in Music Therapy is in line with the guidelines that are marked from reference institutions at national and international level, following a large number of training courses similar to this postgraduate course, and are the European Music Therapy Confederation (MCTD), and the Commission in Education and Training of the Word Federation of Music Therapy (WFMT). They have also been incorporated into the title the requirements established by the Ministry of Education and Science in relation to the organization of the university masters in Spain and have considered those aspects relating to the new system ECTS. Finally, we have taken into account the rules of graduate UPSA in this regard.
From the first moment he has guided the Master / Expert in Music Therapy to personalized training from a clearly humanistic and humanizing approach. The aim has been to train professionals for the performance of music therapy in various types of public and private institutions, with particular emphasis on all those that serve people in situations of physical, intellectual and / or social disadvantage. And this represents the closest approach to the training of music therapists that can be accredited by the EMTC, whatever the training field they come from. It works from an experiential group and an eminently practical guidance. The knowledge and skills acquired will allow the music therapist future perform in various fields (education, health, social, mental health) and different population groups: people with physical, intellectual, sensory impairment, multiple disabilities, social disadvantage, autism, neurodegenerative diseases, hospital patients, etc. Geared to children / girls, adolescents, adults and seniors. After the training period, students will be able to plan, intervene and evaluate processes in music therapy programs in different types of institutions.
The Master / Expert in Music Therapy UPSA is recommended by the Castilian Association Leonesa Music Therapy and Art Therapy (ACLEDIMA), which is an accredited member of the European Music Therapy Confederation (MCTD), and the Spanish Association of Music Therapists Professionals (AEMP) . In addition, it follows the guidelines established by seven Spanish universities in the Technical Document: Guidance for assessing the design of University Graduate Music Therapy in Spain (2009) Recommendations.
The purpose of this Master / Expert in Music Therapy is to train professionals for the performance of music therapy in various types of public and private institutions, with particular emphasis on all those that serve people in situations of physical, intellectual and / or social disadvantage.
According to the descriptors of the European Qualifications Framework for the European Higher Education Area will ensure that students:
- can apply their acquired knowledge and ability to solve problems such as music therapists in new or unfamiliar environments in various types of public and private institutions, with particular emphasis on all those that serve people in situations of physical handicap, intellectual and / or social and within interdisciplinary teams;
- they are able to integrate knowledge and handle complexity, and formulate judgments based on information that was incomplete or limited, includes reflections on social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments;
- can communicate their conclusions - and the knowledge and rationale underpinning these to the skilled and unskilled public in a clear and unambiguous;
- They possess the learning skills that enable them to continue studying in a self-directed and autonomous way, besides professional development interdependent with other music therapists.
For this, we aim to offer quality training that meets the demands pair personal, professional student and the requirements of companies and institutions interested in this professional role.
Music therapy can be focused on different fields of application as possible recipients and institutional contexts: education, health, prisons, social services or mental health field. Patients often shared by two or more of these areas of intervention. In turn, many potential recipients within these fields. Only we point out the most common:
- Patients with psychopathological disorders: neurosis, psychosis, other personality disorders, anorexia and bulimia, etc.
- Children and adults with physical, sensory and / or intellectual disabilities.
- Children with severe disorders of social communication: autism.
- Children child and secondary education, primary.
- Participants in social programs of primary, secondary or tertiary prevention, alcoholism and substance abuse, mistreatment and abuse, pre-delinquency, prisoners, exclusion social disadvantage and / or cultural, etc.
- Pediatric oncology patients.
- presurgical patients.
- Mothers in childbirth preparation phase.
- Patients with chronic or degenerative diseases: fibromyalgia, multiple sclerosis, neurodegenerative diseases, chronic pain, etc.
- Old people
- People seeking the support of a group of personal growth
- AREA 1: Bases of music therapy (5 ECTS)
- AREA 2: Music in Music Therapy (3 ECTS)
- AREA 3: Psychology Music Therapy (5 ECTS)
- AREA 4: Medical and Rehabilitation Area (3 ECTS)
- AREA 5: Music Therapy in different contexts of educational intervention (3 ECTS)
- AREA 6: Methodological strategies in Music Therapy according to the educational needs (4 ECTS)
- AREA 7: Other creative art therapies (1 ECTS)
- AREA 8: Master Thesis: Innovation and Research in Music Therapy (2 ECTS)
- AREA 9: Practicum: case management and project (2 ECTS)
- AREA 10: didactic staff therapeutic process (self-experience) (2 ECTS)
This Master / Expert in Music Therapy is designed in blended learning or blended learning. This involves the combination of three training modalities:
- Classroom training, based on the methodology of experiential training group.
- The online training: designed for theoretical content and supported by a virtual learning platform.
- Personal tutorials: articulated by the team of teachers / tutors to track and personalized tutorial support.
Duration and price
- Start date: October
- Duration: two academic years (each course title gives expert), from October to May
- Price: 1,080 each expert
- Places available: 25
- Location: Salamanca
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
This school offers programs in: