Prepares middle-management executives with at least ten years of experience to assume general management responsibilities and become more effective leaders and change agents. You will learn leadership skills to manage at the interface of key functions and will be able to use strategic thinking to establish appropriate goals and get results.
EDP: The Concept
The Executive Development Program (EDP) prepares middle-management executives to become more effective leaders and change agents in their organizations. Our program shows you how to compete and succeed using strategic thinking to establish appropriate goals for your unit, and leadership skills to manage at the interface of key functions to get results.
Rigorous learning, accessible faculty, an incomparable culture of teamwork and cooperation, and outstanding networking opportunities are all hallmarks of the Kellogg experience.
Here at the Kellogg School, we focus on results. We offer you a theory-driven knowledge and concrete strategies for achieving the best outcomes. We designed our program to meet the needs of a wide range of industries, and we measure our success in your improved performance when you return to your organization.
During EDP, you will:
- Gain confidence from an increased understanding of the roles, responsibilities, and interaction with the functional areas
- Strengthen your communications skills and develop your ability to interpret and apply information from functional areas in your decision-making processes
- Acquire insights on how to effectively lead and implement change in your organization
- Explore new concepts and perspectives for more effective competition in the global marketplace
- Discover valuable and practical real-world knowledge while networking with an international group of peers
Who Attends EDP
EDP is designed for middle management executives who are, or who are likely to become general managers and who have the potential for senior management in either line or staff capacities. Participants also are principals of small and medium-sized firms and entrepreneurs or owners of small companies with growth potential. These executives possess at least ten years of work experience and seek broad exposure to the functional areas of management.
EDP participants come from highly diverse backgrounds, and approximately one-half work and reside outside the United States. They represent a wide variety of industries including high-tech, manufacturing, financial services, healthcare, not-for-profit, and government.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017