The Master's Degree in Sports Law Real Madrid is the natural outcome of the current reality of professional sports, and responds to the needs of the sector, offering students integrated training for this professional field.
Part-time program, from Thursday to Saturday. / Thursday and Friday afternoon/evening, from 4.00 to 9.00 p.M., Saturday morning/afternoon, from 9.00 a.M. To 2.00 p.M., giving students the option of combining the course with their working hours.
The goal of this Master's degree is to help students develop the capacity to provide legal advice and manage the legal affairs of sports entities, both public and private. In obtaining this qualification, the future professional will have mastered the key legal concepts and tools of the sports business.
WHO IS FOR?
The Master's Degree in Sports Law Real Madrid is intended for Law graduates who want to specialize in the field of sports law.
The growing economic, social and legal importance of sports is now an indisputable fact. It is attested by the increase in international transfers of athletes, the leading role of sports sponsorship, brand management, and the increase in sports agents and representatives, all of which reflects the scope of an emerging market.
The world of sports, in its widest sense, generates an added value of 407 billion Euros, 3.7% of the GDP of the European Union, and employs 15 million people, 5.4% of its working population. This brings many business opportunities, requiring expert advice in the field of sports law.
The evolution of the market is leading to greater demand for professionals who are highly specialized in Sports Law at a national and international level, and whose profile goes beyond that of generalist lawyers.
This is increasing the need for qualified specialists in this field, despite the current economic crisis.
The Master's Degree in Sports Law Real Madrid will provide students with specialist multidisciplinary training in sports law, geared towards professional specialization in the most important areas, including taxation in sports, anti-doping regulations, labor relations for professional athletes, the regulation of TV broadcasting rights, sponsorship, image rights and out-of-court conflict resolution.
Thanks to this eminently practical training provided by leading professionals, students will be able to tackle issues that go beyond professional sports or spectator sports, but always within the sports and leisure industry:
- Spectator sports
- Multi-sports events
- Sports and exercise service companies (sports for all)
- Fitness/wellness chains
- Clubs and Federations
- Athlete representation
- Sports equipment multinationals
- Sports infrastructure multinationals
It is an ideal opportunity for young Law graduates looking for solid specialization in a Graduate Degree with excellent employment prospects.
Campus-based, compatible with working hours
At the end of the course, students will receive Official Master’s Degree of Máster Universitario en Derecho Deportivo
- Santiago Bernabéu Stadium is the ideal setting for our theory sessions, with contributions from an exceptional faculty consisting of expert university professors, outstanding figures from the world of sports law, and representatives of leading Spanish and international sports institutions.
- 'White Week' (Semana Blanca): All the classes during this week will take place at the facilities of Real Madrid (Santiago Bernabéu Stadium and 'Real Madrid City') and will be given by some of the club's top executives.
- The Master's degree can easily be combined with working hours, as its theory modules are taught over one weekend each month, from Friday to Sunday.
- Real Madrid Soccer Club guarantees internships in the club's own legal department for the two best-performing students in the program.
- Senn Ferrero Sports & Entertainment, Tebas & Coiduras Sport Law, and Sportia Law offer students the opportunity to take internships in their offices under the supervision and guidance of the best lawyers in the sector.
Optional tryp to visit international football institutions *Cost not included
- MODULE 1.- Administrative Intervention in Sports
- MODULE 2.- Public Sports Institutions
- MODULE 3.- Private Sports Institutions
- MODULE 4.- Commercial Law Regulation of Sports Businesses
- MODULE 5.- Labor Relations in Sports
- MODULE 6.- Taxation in sports
- MODULE 7.- Conflict Resolution and Prevention in Sports
- MODULE 8.- Internships at the Offices of Leading Sports Law Firms
- MODULE 9.- Master's Thesis
The admissions process for Real Madrid Graduate School programs can take place at any time during the year, although enrollment on any graduate program will depend on the availability of places.
About the School
In 2006 Real Madrid C.F.and Universidad Europea de Madrid created the first University School specialized in sports and its relationship with management, health, communications and leisure/recreation.