The qualities that make a manager successful may differ across cultures. In the modern economy, most organisations operate internationally. Even executives based in their home country find themselves managing teams, suppliers, partners or customers in other countries. To add to the challenge, twenty-first century teams are increasingly likely to be multicultural. Traditional management training is no longer sufficient to develop the skills that business leaders require. European Studies programme provides the cross-cultural leadership competence that has become essential for businesses and managers to succeed in today’s global business landscape.
Studies at this department develop an understanding of cultural differences, the skills to manage internationally, and the knowledge to navigate the complexities of international organisations. Its goal is also to provide knowledge and understanding of economic specifics of international markets, accounts and risks, trade and negotiations. Graduates gain proficiency in terms and mechanisms of economical and legal procedures crucial for performing on international markets. Comprehensive European Studies programme enables its students to gain and consolidate their knowledge and to develop practical skills consequently after graduation while efficiently managing companies on international markets.
During the studies, we will enable you to progress in:
- communication across different cultures,
- building the confidence to influence clients, suppliers and colleagues from a variety of countries,
- Benchmarking your individual management style against preferences from around the world – and learn to adapt accordingly,
- Learning how to lead across international matrix systems and other organisational structures,
- Operating on international markets,
- Gaining fluency in legal, economic and cultural aspects of international entrepreneurship.
GRADUATE DESTINATION AREAS
· marketing, human resources, finance,
· business organizations and local government institutions,
· enterprises and institutions at the position of a high- or middle-ranking manager,
· foreign and international institutions connected with business,
· research and development institutions,
· consulting agencies,
Participation in European Studies results in acquiring Master degree in Political Science. With this widely recognized document, you may develop your international career successfully.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 19, 2018