Master Degree in International Relations
Mente Argentina’s Master’s program in International Relations has been designed for students from all over the world who not only want to get their Master’s in International Relations but also seek an extraordinary learning experience in Buenos Aires, Argentina.Our International Relations Program will offer you the highest quality education at one of the most prestigious universities in Latin America.
The International Relations Program offered by Mente is 15 months long during which time students will have the opportunity to take courses in specialized concentrations according to their personal interests. Upon completion of the IR program, the graduate will have a solid understanding of international politics, the global economy and international security with an emphasis on Latin America.
Students will gain the skills necessary to design strategies and proposals for foreign affairs, international politics, and the global economy. Students will be prepared to pursue careers in academia and investigation, international politics, non-governmental organizations, private international businesses, media and international organizations.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTER DEGREE: HOST UNIVERSITY & ACCREDITATION
Mente Argentina works with one of the most prestigious private universities for higher education in Argentina which is recognized by the Argentine Ministry of Public Education as a degree-granting institution of higher learning.
Since its founding in 1964, and after more than thirty years of continuous growth, the university currently has thirteen schools devoted to both undergraduate and graduate education in several fields. More than 14,500 students are enrolled in 33 undergraduate majors and 20 graduate programs. The university has a great deal of experience working with foreign students as more than one thousand study abroad students enroll here each year.
Aligned with the most prestigious international universities, Mente Argentina’s International Relations Program offers instruction using the case method. This approach is based on meeting the demands of International Relations leaders who seek employees and colleagues who are professionals with strong decision-making skills and the ability to efficiently apply theory to practical problems.
Through this approach, the students will conceptualize the theoretical contents while developing their cognitive capabilities. In addition, students will gain interpersonal skills through working in groups, presentations and attending workshops. Students will also have the opportunity to participate in seminars and conferences by special invitation.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTER DEGREE IN ARGENTINA: COURSES OFFERED
The International Relations Master’s program will consist of three parts, the required curriculum, elective courses and finally, research and methodology. Students will choose four elective courses from various departments, all of which must be at the graduate level.
The research and methodology requirement is composed of two subjects (statistics and qualitative methodology), two thesis workshops (for the preparation of a project and methodological development), attendance at the Yearly Seminar for Investigation and a research workshop for the preparation of the thesis. Each student will receive the guidance of an advisor from the faculty.
- International Relations Theory
- History of International Relations
- International Organizations
- Argentina and Latin American Foreign Policy
- International Law and Human Rights
- International Agenda
- International Security
- Int. and Latin American Economic Problems
- Statistical Analysis
- Qualitative Methodology
- Thesis Workshop I
- Thesis Workshop II
- Annual Research Seminar
- Research Workshop
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTER DEGREE: ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- Mente Argentina online application form
- International relations Master degree complete application form
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Two letter of recommendation
- Work experience & teamwork skills
- Statement of purpose. This statement should detail your reasons for applying to the program and outline your academic and cultural objectives for the program. It should be half a page to one A4 page in length.
- Resume - CV. Should describe your educational background, work experience, and skill set.
INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTER DEGREE: CALENDAR & SCHEDULE
The Master degree in International relations starts three times a year in April and classes are given Monday to Friday, 3 hours per day.
Next Start Dates: April 2013 / June 2013 / Sep 2013.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE MA INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS MASTER PROGRAM?
- International Relations Master Degree Full Tuition & Enrollment
- Guaranteed Admission
- Shared Apartment Accommodation (Private Room) in the exclusive area of Palermo, Barrio Norte or Recoleta.
- Airport Pick Up
- Airport Drop Off
- Official Transcripts & Certificates
- Welcome Orientation
- Mente Argentina Welcome Kit (calling card, insider's city guide, maps, and more)
- Full access to Mente Argentina Tours & Activities
- Mente Argentina Discount Card
- Cell Phone
- Conversation Exchange Partner – Language Exchange Passes
- Tango Lessons
- Health Club Membership: Free Gym membership included
- Mente Argentina On-site assistance & Support Services 24/7
Program Start Dates: April / June / Sep 2013
Language of instruction: Spanish
Level: Graduate Degree