This Master’s program is completely taught in English and it lasts 2 years with a total of 120 ECTS credits earned. This program has only one intake (October). The course provides knowledge and practical expertise in the field of Earth Sciences related to the natural resources and the environmental hazards, aiming to form a geologist able to operate in:
- the study, exploration, exploitation and sustainable use of geo-resources (water, hydrocarbons, geo-materials, geothermal energy,
- the study of geological hazards (monitoring, evaluation, mitigation management, prevention).
Time is dedicated to the acquisition of interdisciplinary knowledge, especially useful in addressing environmental issues (like groundwater pollution, disaster management, or effects of climate change) and transversal competences (use of advanced software and programming codes). Practical workshops held by geologists working in specific fields help to introduce the students to the professional world.
Documents to be provided for pre-evaluation:
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of study (Geosciences, Geophysics, Environmental/natural sciences, Engineering with suitable geology background is required. The students must also have a background in chemistry, mathematics, and physics at the university level) (translated in English or Italian, any format).
- Curriculum Vitae (translated in English or Italian, any format).
- English proficiency certificate for the non-English mother tongue. Minimum requirements: CEF B2; IELTS 6.5.
For detailed information about the application process, fees, and scholarship please contact us.
About the School
Founded in 1336, the University of Camerino is one of the most ancient universities in the world. Currently it enrolls about 8,000 students, catered by over 600 professors, instructors and staff.