Very comprehensive and specific, this Master Course in Italian Cuisine and Pastry is an 8 weeks training program providing about 300 training hours; entirely practical and operational, every and each participant will be able to acquaint with a whole lot of secrets behind preparing typical Italian courses, as well as with the most famous Italian pastries.
Our Course Strengths
- Master Professors certified by CAST Alimenti
- Individual multiuse workstations
- Multipurpose training laboratories with the most advanced equipment
- Language assistance during the course
- Authentic Italian ingredients to learn real Italian cuisine
- All inclusive: meals, coffee breaks and accommodation throughout the course
- Didactic field trips to discover Italian landscape and products
300 training hours
The Course is Addressed to
- All those who want to improve their knowledge and skills in Italian cuisine and pastry;
- Trainees and professionals in culinary and/or pastry arts;
- Students at tourism and hospitality institutes with an elementary knowledge of food products and processing techniques wishing to deepen knowledge on Italian cuisine and pastry.
Eligibility to Join CAST Alimenti Programme in Italy
- Must have good communication skills in the English language;
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Must be highly motivated to start a career in the food & beverage industry;
- Eager to learn another foreign language and lifestyle.
- Master Professors certified by CAST Alimenti, all actual expert in their field;
- During lessons, chef instructors will illustrate product features in details, representing different preparations as well;
- Professors will then organize students’ set up for their own practical performance.
- Tradition and innovation in Italian cuisine and pastry
- Distinctive preparation techniques
- Understanding of typical Italian products
- Notions and history of the Italian Cuisine and Pastry, and their typical and regional traditions.
- General knowledge of Italian food vocabulary.
- The Italian Menu, from appetizers to desserts.
- The food-service concept in Italy: trattoria, pizzeria, typical and traditional restaurants.
- Understanding of some of the most typical Italian products, and fundamental notions on the agricultural Italian foods, on spices, fruits, aromatic herbs, and food raw materials; detailed analysis and examination on distinctive Italian wines and olive oils.
- Condiments, herbs, and spices, sauces, cold and hot antipasti.
- Processing techniques for different types of Pasta, such as egg pasta, fresh and filled pasta, gluten-free pasta.
- Preparation of a wide assortment of creative dishes with an innovative interpretation: fresh pasta, sauces, soups, gnocchi and rice, white and red meats, seafood, vegetables, mushrooms, cheeses.
- Innovative cooking methods (i.e. vacuum and low temperature), and key methods for proper food storing.
- Sanitary procedures.
- Nutritional science and its application; the principles of the millenary distinguished Mediterranean diet.
- Pizza and Italian bread: history, knowledge, and assessment of key ingredients according to the Italian tradition. Processing, leavening, maturation, topping, and baking techniques.
- Bread and desserts for catering: history of Italian regional different types of bread; processing techniques for preparing a wide range of doughs; leavening, maturation, and bread baking techniques.
- Modern Italian pastry and restaurant desserts with an innovative interpretation. Preparation of sweets and traditional small pastries.
Why Choose CAST Alimenti
- Our history: as we have more than 20 years experience
- For our great chef instructors
- As we are the School of World Champions, we only teach the excellence
- As we are leaders in tradition and innovation
- As we partner with international culinary colleges, like Culinary Institute of America (New York, United States), Monroe College (New York, United States), Fanshawe College (London, Canada), Johnson & Wales University (Providence Campus), International Centre for Culinary Arts - ICCA Dubai, AIMS Institutes (Bangalore, India), just to name few.
Program taught in: