Master AeroMat – Innovation
“Aerospace Materials: Designing, Manufacturing and Innovation Management”
STRONG POINTS OF THE SCHOOL/PROGRAM
- Mines Albi is accredited by the French Ministry of Industry
- Télécom Ecole de Management - Evry is double-accredited: AACSB and AMBA
- Study in Toulouse and Paris regions, the two leading French and European regions for employment and economic activity in aerospace
- International Faculty
- Masters taught entirely in English and in small groups
- Strong links with industry
- 6-month master thesis in industry or in a research lab
- Intercultural seminars
- Free French language courses
- A MSc program boosted by renowned research departments
- An international team for international students
- A quality-chartered “Welcome to International Students” package
Innovation offers challenging opportunities to students interested in developing careers in the aerospace industry with both technical (innovation) and managerial skills by:
- Training high level master students for the future in engineering and innovation management for industry
- Promoting teaching in close relationships with research most advanced achievements
- Favouring multi-cultural, multi-physics and multi-scales approaches
- Providing multi-choices paths for graduation
- Opening widely to the international dimension
- Thinking green and fostering a socially responsible innovative industrial spirit
This is a full-time program of 2 years divided into four semesters: courses over 3 semesters followed by an internship of one semester in a company or in a research laboratory. The program is composed of 4 teaching units including an integrated and global approach addressing the specificity of the aerospace industrial sector, the materials science and mechanical engineering and the business and innovation management. Skills and competencies acquired will be utilised for the master thesis in a company or a research laboratory.
1. Aerospace engineering
- Market, technical and economical analysis
- Architecture, structure and performance of airplanes, launchers and satellites
- Aerospace project management, quality management, certification and environment rules for sustainable development
- Aerodynamics and flight dynamics
- Space techniques and materials in space environment
- Innovation in aerospace
2. Materials science and mechanical engineering
- Strategy for selecting & tailoring materials
- Modelling & simulation in mechanics of materials
- Physical properties of materials
- Additive manufacturing
- Advanced manufacturing processes
- Diagnosis and control of materials & structures
- Surface engineering
- Laboratory work
3. Innovation management
- Principles of management (introduction, business simulation, multidisciplinary team management, soft skills learning, international negotiation)
- Innovation management (R&T, technology competition models, technology intelligence, organisation & tools, scientific and technological partnership, innovation measure & metrics, intellectual properties, rights & strategy, technology intelligence with patents))
- Project management (designing innovation project, response to competitive call for tender, press review)
- Business management (strategy, value chain, firm network, human resources management, intercultural management, business ethics, supply chain management)
4. MSc Thesis
- 6-month MSc thesis in industry and/or research laboratory (France or international).
- The program also includes company visits and seminars.
- knowledge in basic materials science engineering with a particular attention for research applied to industry, application of the scientific field of materials engineering in the specific field of aerospace structures with an objective of product performance enhancement.
- understanding of the industrial sector of aeronautics and space in all its technical, economic, organizational dimensions and regulatory issues.
- understanding of the strategies and methodologies specific to innovation management: management techniques, techniques of lean design, manufacturing and management, communication, change management, performance management, project management, planning techniques, financial analysis and cost management, resource management, risk analysis methods
- entrepreneurial spirit and an ability to take into account economic, quality, competitiveness and productivity and business requirements
- ability to lead a complex project in compliance with quality procedures, to take into account the standards and regulation; to develop a sense of responsibility and of decision-making; and an ability to act effectively.
- a good ability to integrate into real working life, into an organization, to animate and evolve in it: project management, communication ...
- a strong ability to work in an international context: fluency in English, cultural and international awareness, knowledge of French culture & language
- good skills in written and oral communication, to present convincingly and argue a case behind an audience, write and present a summary document, communicate and explain decisions economy and society
- R & T Operations Manager
- Engineer with client, supplier and/or research laboratories interfaces
- Junior Project manager
- Project procurement/purchasing
- Lean Management Officer
- Engineer / Consultant Technology Watch
- Engineer / Consultant Intellectual Property
Master accredited by the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research under N°20151031 (july 2015). Opening in September 2016. Master in co-accreditation with Institut Mines-Telecom, Paris - France
The economic success of actors in the aerospace industry strongly depends on the ability of companies to develop management strategies for research and development, technology transfer and optimization of the overall manufacturing process. This is a strategic issue in the highly competitive sector of the production of materials and structure for aerospace applications. From a technological point of view, the engineers of tomorrow will develop multi-physics and multi-scale approaches adapted to generate innovation that will emerge at the crossroads of scientific disciplines. In terms of management skills, they will be able to deploy methodologies and implement complex and global organizational processes integrating a multi-cultural dimension to anticipate and accompany the changes due to an ambitious industrial innovation policy.
Scholarships are available depending on academic records and countries of origin (companies, governments, embassies…). Internships are paid and cover living expenses during the last semester.
This school offers programs in: