Aims and Scope
The master 2 “Statistics and Econometrics” develops students who have previously acquired a solid skill set in economics and/or mathematical statistics. It offers general classes in mathematical statistics and in econometrics as well as specialized classes in various fields of application. The objective of the curriculum is first to give the students a solid culture in the big themes of applied statistics. This culture is necessarily developed while learning to use software like notably SAS, R, and Matlab. Furthermore, the students acquire skills in computing when it comes to database management. Some options allow them to develop applications in various fields notably in the tertiary sector.
The students must carry out a mandatory internship of at least 4 months from April onwards with an oral academic viva at the beginning of September. All classes are taught in English.
- Admission is based on academic excellence criteria. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required, within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. Some brushing-up in Economics or Maths might be advisable in some cases.
- Working knowledge of English is obviously required.
Our training relies on a substantial use of mathematics and modeling. A good mastering of mathematics is therefore required. To apply to the 1st year of the Master, students should hold a BSc in Economics, Applied Mathematics within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. To apply to the 2nd year of the Master, students should hold an undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree.
Step 1: Create your application file online: eCandidatures.
Step 2: Download, print and send the application file with all the required documents before the indicated deadline.
- Resume (CV),
- cover letter,
- official transcripts,
- official diploma,
- English language certification TOEFL,
- IELTS or Cambridge advanced Certificate (C1 level as European reference),
- Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE),
- 2 recommendation letters (Master - 1st year) 3 recommendation letters (to apply to the 2nd year of the Master) - academic ones are more appropriate than professional.
by post to:
Ecole d’économie de Toulouse – TSE Université Toulouse 1 Capitole Agnès SIRVEN – MA 102 Manufacture des Tabacs 21 allée de Brienne 31015 Toulouse Cedex 6.
Step 3: Follow your application status online: eCandidatures.
Step 4: Answers will be communicated by mid-March.
Step 5: If you are selected, you have a week to confirm your acceptance.
Step 6: Registration formalities and payment will take place in July.
5500€ + Registration fees: approx 250€ + Student social security (health care): approx 200€. Address: 21 allée de Brienne – 31000 Toulouse
Some Master scholarships and fee waivers will be awarded to Master students according to academic, geographical or individual criteria.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 16, 2018