Aims and Scope
This master aims at providing econometric and empirical analysis tools combined with strong skills in using large data sets in order to perform deep studies in a broad area of economics. The EEE M2 program provides in the first semester a solid training in microeconometrics, time series, panel data models, non-parametric methods, large dimension statistical tools, computer programming, and database management system. In the second semester, students apply these training to do empirical studies in industrial organization, finance, public policy evaluation programs, health and insurance, data analytics and big data.
Courses are taught in English by TSE faculty members with a well-established international reputation in econometrics, empirical economics, industrial organization, and finance among others. This training is completed with an empirical project done during the whole year in a group of students.
To obtain the Econometrics and Empirical Economics Master’s degree, students need to complete all courses of the first semester and the equivalent of four courses of 30 hours on the second semester, and either:
- do an internship within a firm (public or private), a financial institution (bank, insurance), a government institution (competition or regulatory authority), or a research laboratory and write an internship report.
- write a Master Thesis under the supervision of a TSE faculty.
- Admission is based on academic excellence. An undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree is required with a curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee.
- Working knowledge of English is also required.
Our training relies on a substantial use of mathematics and modeling. A good mastering of mathematics is therefore required. To apply to the 1st year of the Master, students should hold a BSc in Economics, Applied Mathematics within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. To apply to the 2nd year of the Master, students should hold an undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree.
Step 1: Create your application file online: eCandidatures.
Step 2: Download, print and send the application file with all the required documents before the indicated deadline.
- Resume (CV),
- cover letter,
- official transcripts,
- official diploma,
- English language certification TOEFL,
- IELTS or Cambridge advanced Certificate (C1 level as European reference),
- Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE),
- 2 recommendation letters (Master - 1st year) 3 recommendation letters (to apply to the 2nd year of the Master) - academic ones are more appropriate than professional.
by post to:
Ecole d’économie de Toulouse – TSE Université Toulouse 1 Capitole Agnès SIRVEN – MA 102 Manufacture des Tabacs 21 allée de Brienne 31015 Toulouse Cedex 6.
Step 3: Follow your application status online: eCandidatures.
Step 4: Answers will be communicated by mid-March.
Step 5: If you are selected, you have a week to confirm your acceptance.
Step 6: Registration formalities and payment will take place in July.
5500€ + Registration fees: approx 250€ + Student social security (health care): approx 200€. Address: 21 allée de Brienne – 31000 Toulouse
Some Master scholarships and fee waivers will be awarded to Master students according to academic, geographical or individual criteria.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 10, 2018