Aims and Scope
The 1st year of the Master in Economics provides rigorous training in the major fields of economics. 100% of courses in this program are taught in English. The objectives of this 1st year are to enhance the students’ general economics culture and to help them select the appropriate Master 2 in line with their career plans.
The 1st year of the Master in Economics includes 2 semesters. During the first semester, students attend 6 compulsory courses, one course of personal development, one French language course and 2 electives. During the second semester, students attend 3 compulsory courses and 4 electives.
- Aimed at English speakers.
- Students should hold a BSc in Economics, Applied Mathematics within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee.
Our training relies on a substantial use of mathematics and modeling. A good mastering of mathematics is therefore required. To apply to the 1st year of the Master, students should hold a BSc in Economics, Applied Mathematics within a recognized curriculum considered as consistent with the program and approved by the TSE selection committee. To apply to the 2nd year of the Master, students should hold an undergraduate degree of at least 4 years of college or a Master’s degree.
Step 1: Create your application file online: eCandidatures.
Step 2: Download, print and send the application file with all the required documents before the indicated deadline.
- Resume (CV),
- cover letter,
- official transcripts,
- official diploma,
- English language certification TOEFL,
- IELTS or Cambridge advanced Certificate (C1 level as European reference),
- Graduate Record Examination scores (GRE),
- 2 recommendation letters (Master - 1st year) 3 recommendation letters (to apply to the 2nd year of the Master) - academic ones are more appropriate than professional.
by post to:
Ecole d’économie de Toulouse – TSE Université Toulouse 1 Capitole Agnès SIRVEN – MA 102 Manufacture des Tabacs 21 allée de Brienne 31015 Toulouse Cedex 6.
Step 3: Follow your application status online: eCandidatures.
Step 4: Answers will be communicated by mid-March.
Step 5: If you are selected, you have a week to confirm your acceptance.
Step 6: Registration formalities and payment will take place in July.
5500€ + Registration fees: approx 250€ + Student social security (health care): approx 200€. Address: 21 allée de Brienne – 31000 Toulouse
Some Master scholarships and fee waivers will be awarded to Master students according to academic, geographical or individual criteria.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 10, 2018