Integrate the Latest Concepts and Techniques of Real Estate
This is the only Master’s degree in the world to give you a comprehensive and systematic understanding of real estate, capital markets and global hotel development. Ideal for those wanting to become a chartered surveyor, work for a Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT), fund, bank or asset management team, this programme opens the door to the world of real estate finance and hospitality development.
*The programme is pending approval from NECHE (New England Commission of Higher Education)
Next intake: September 2019
What will you gain from the Master’s in Finance, Real Estate and Hotel Development?
This programme is the only Master’s degree in the world integrating the latest concepts and techniques of real estate. You will gain a comprehensive and systematic understanding of capital markets, global hotel and resort development, asset management, investment trends and advanced finance knowledge. By the end of the programme, you will have acquired internationally recognized certificates from leading institutions – STR, HVS, Bloomberg and Argus.
Real World Experience
The programme is punctuated with a combination of visits by distinguished guest speakers, field trips to Dubai and Amsterdam, and on-site visits from top companies. This intensive programme will equip you with the necessary skills to access a wide range of careers in the global hospitality and commercial real estate sector.
Critical thinking, research and writing skills will all be essential as you head into your leadership career in hospitality, real estate and finance. The Capstone Project will help you develop these career assets through high-quality professional work and the completion of a project.
- 2 academic semesters
- 1 internship
- September intake
- London Campus – UK
Is this Master’s degree right for you?
This MSc is designed for recent graduates with limited or no work experience – or career changers – who hold a Bachelor’s degree. Preferably, your Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) would be in business, finance or hospitality.
What will you study on this Master’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and Hotel Development?
- Online Boot Camp
- International Hotel Development and Asset Management
- Hospitality Business Trends and Strategies
- Hospitality Financial Analysis and Performance
- Global Hotel and Resort Development
- Hotel Asset Management
- Negotiating Hotel Management Contracts
- Revenue Management – online
- Hotel Valuations (HVS) – online
- HVS Hotel Valuation Certificate
- STR Certificate I & II
- Field Trip to Dubai
Semester 1 & 2
- Real Estate Investment
- Global Real Estate Markets
- Real Estate Finance Principles
- Real Estate Valuation Methods
- Real Estate Mergers and Acquisitions
- Institutional Investments in Real Estate
- Sustainable Real Estate
- Argus Software Development Certificate
- Investment Strategies and Financing
- Capital Markets
- Portfolio Management
- Advanced Financing and Fixed Income
- Private Equity
- Advanced Financial Modelling
- Seminar: Investor Landscape
- Bloomberg Markets and Concepts Certificate
- Field Trip to Amsterdam
- 6-month internship
- Capstone Project
An in-demand set of skills
“Integrate the latest concepts and techniques of real estate with business trends in international hotel development and asset management, as well as investment and finance methods and valuations. You will gain a highly marketable and in-demand set of skills in understanding global real estate and finance markets and hospitality development. You will learn about other real estate asset classes including mixed-use and offices, and develop a theoretical and practical understanding to effectively negotiate hotel management agreements.”
Senior Lecturer and Head of International Hotel Development and Finance Industry Expert
Our approach to admissions
The Glion Admissions department takes a holistic approach to review the application of every candidate. In addition to academic achievements, we look for candidates who exhibit a passion for the industry, leadership potential, personal drive, creativity and an international mindset.
We have an international team of dedicated admissions and enrollment counsellors who will be happy to advise candidates on the choice of programme and guide them through the application process. Fill in the contact form to get in touch.
If you require a visa to study, it is important that you apply early enough to allow time for visa processing. Glion maintains a rolling admissions policy so applications are evaluated as soon as the application, with all pertinent documentation, is received.
For the MSc in Finance, Real Estate and Hotel Development***
- 21 years at the start of the programme.
- Bachelor-level undergraduate degree* in a relevant field (business, finance or hospitality preferred). Subjects taken in your undergraduates such as Accounting and Finance will be reviewed by the school prior acceptance.
- Minimum English Language Entry Requirements
- If English is not your first language, or if you have not spent the last three years studying in an institution where English is the primary language of instruction, please enclose a copy of one of the following:
- IELTS: overall 6.0 and min. 5.5 in every sub-component**
- TOEFL: Internet-based 80 or paper-based 550
- First Cambridge Exam: Grade A
- Cambridge Advanced Exam: Grade C
- Non-EU or EEA passport holders will need to undertake IELTS UKVI: 6.0 overall and min. 5.5 in every sub-component
* If a degree/transcript is not in English (for the UK) or English, French, German or Italian (for Switzerland), an official certified/translated copy in English will be required.
** Only tests taken/issued in an official IELTS testing centre are accepted.
*** Pending approval from NECHE (New England Commission of Higher Education)
Note: All English certificates must have been issued in the 12 months prior to programme start.
Application Items for London
For Master’s programmes, we strongly recommend applying early
To help move your application through the admissions process as efficiently as possible, we have fixed application deadlines. Priority is given to candidates who apply by these dates.
- November 30
- January 11
- April 19
- June 14
- August 12
As an early applicant, you will have the best chance of being considered for scholarships, as well as more options for on-campus student accommodation and opportunities to engage with our student and alumni community before starting your programme.
Program taught in: