The course of Scienze della formazione primaria (Primary Teacher Education) lasts five years, at the end of which students would be enabled to the profession of teachers for kindergartens and primary. This means that they would not be required to follow any other enabling course to enter the national examination.
The course of study is part of the Department of Humanities and Social Sciences, but because of its interdisciplinary nature, it leverages the expertise of all the other departments of our universities and those of leading experts in the world of school.
The study program is not very different from that of other venues offering the SFP course, as it is regulated by the national law. The differentiating factor in our course will be the intense activity that will be carried out in collaboration with schools. Most of the courses will require students to join classes to see what really happens in the classroom, and to reflect on the experience observed scientifically. Furthermore, all of our students will have to study or attend internships abroad in especially affiliated institutions.
Our course of study will pay particular attention to non-graduate teachers, who have been already working for multiple years and now wish to perfect their training, acquiring the degree. Their professional experience will be recognized for the purpose of the course and the internship will take place at their own places of employment.
The non-graduate teachers who subscribe to our course will also act as tutors for other students: our ambition is to make our course a true community of practice and learning.
STRUCTURE OF THE COURSE
- 78 university credits (CFU) of pedagogical skills and basic sociology, of which 6 units are practical sessions
- 135 CFU of basic knowledge (mathematics, linguistics, and literature, biology, ecology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, physical education, history, geography, arts), of which 11 are practical sessions
- 31 CFU of management of disabled students (psychology, special education, and law), of which 3 are practical sessions
- 3 credits of practices using educational technology
- 12 credits of English language practice, with final certification of B2 level
- 24 credits of internship
- 8 CFU of electives
- 9 CFU final examination
Pre-enrolment: open from August 17 (14:00) to September 27 (12:00) 2016
Selection test: 6th October 2016 (9:00) as there are limited available seats for this course – in Bergamo, the available seats will be 95
Classes would start in mid-October
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 17, 2018