THIS PROGRAM IS COMPLETELY TAUGHT IN SPANISH
International Montessori Institute (IMI) offers you the principles and the practice of Montessori pedagogy for Elementary Education in cooperation with the University of Barcelona (UB). From a Montessori’s classic perspective, our aim is to contribute with a pedagogical proposal to the quality of children’s education.
Upon successful completion of the course, students receive the MA degree in Montessori Education and the certifications of Montessori Teacher/Guide from birth to age 6, which have international recognition, valid in any country.
Length of course (in academic years): 2
Mode of delivery: Blended
International Montessori Institute (IMI) is a Montessori training centre with a primary purpose: to offer a classic and rigorous Montessori courses based on the main principles of Maria Montessori and adapted to the educational needs of nowadays.
Our trainers have been carefully selected by their diverse international experience, as well as private and public schools, in order to convey the richness of the Montessori method in different social fields.
This interesting combination of trainers makes IMI a unique meeting point in the world, which generates an inter-Montessori dialogue ensuring loyalty to the ideas and vision of Dr Maria Montessori.
- Learn strategies for implementation of the Montessori method.
- Get an interdisciplinary overview of curricular areas.
- Live the educational practice placing children as the centre of the learning and sharing with them the pleasure for education.
- Provide a space for reflection about educational practice, based on latest scientific evidence.
- To know brain’s learning potentialities and neuroscientist bases that validated Montessori Education.
- Practice with Montessori materials understanding its objectives in depth.
- Develop a Prepared Environment suitable for this stage of age.
- Master the theoretical core of Montessori education and its objectives.
- To deeply understand Prepared Environment suitable for learning, its characteristics and functioning.
- Learn how to design a Montessori classroom or any alternative Prepared Environment.
- Get an interdisciplinary overview of all curricular areas (Practical Life, Sensorial Material, Language, Mathematics, History, Biology, Geography, Music and Art)
- Dominate their curriculum, subjects and the logical sequencing of all activities.
- Fluently manage Montessori Materials understanding their objectives in depth and master presentation techniques.
- Establish a learning classroom environment and help children to develop their executive functions.
- Develop the role of the Montessori teacher who sets children in relation to the Prepared Environment and helps them to increase all their potentialities.
- To understand that the constant external and internal observation is the base of Montessori Education.
- Assume the importance of emotional education and master those skills required to promote it.
- To know learning potentialities of the brain and neuroscientist bases that validate this pedagogical method.
The fascinating story of Dr Montessori and her educational method which quickly took hold across the world.
A broad theoretical foundation rooted in the scientific observation of human nature.
Didactic models: the practical implications of different models.
Processes and experiences in educational innovation: how to enrich children’s classrooms through a process of constant innovation.
Observation methodology: a skill that allows you to manage a classroom effectively and ensure children’s welfare.
Design prepared environments: educational spaces and their implications for learning.
Classroom management: how to make classroom management support children’s healthy development.
Emotional education at school: healthy learning is only possible in an environment which is both physically and psychologically appropriate.
Montessori; a scientific method: scientific research in recent decades validates the characteristic elements of Montessori education. o Neuroscience applied to education: this new branch of science explores neural learning keys and the path to effective and healthy learning.
All the teaching and practical training necessary to create a Montessori space and use it with children ages from 0 to 6.
Montessori; a scientific method: scientific research in recent decades validates the characteristic elements of Montessori education.
Neuroscience applied to education: this new branch of science explores neural learning keys and the path to effective and healthy learning.
Dr Montessori offers Practical Life activities as a bridge between home and the school environment.
These activities allow a holistic development of mind, body and emotions.
Motor coordination, development of autonomy, adaptation to the environment and concentration skills lay the foundation for all later learning.
Future teachers learn to prepare and present these concepts in detail.
Dr Montessori believed that sensorial materials were authentic “keys of the universe” as they exercise what is the mind’s powerhouse at this age: the senses.
The scientific design of sensory materials makes them a genuine development aid.
Students explore them in detail in order to fully use their potential.
Language is the main focus of community life and learning.
Oral language plays an essential role in Montessori environments from the beginning and gradually, literacy is introduced naturally and spontaneously.
In Montessori education, the language is intertwined with all other areas of learning.
Maria Montessori incorporates Blaise Pascal’s concept of the “mathematical mind” and transforms it into an educational reality.
Specific materials that accompany the natural process of the mind towards mathematical abstraction.
All activities and presentations necessary to provide children with a solid mathematical foundation.
Encourage children’s curiosity about the natural and cultural world around them. Significant experience as the basis of scientific discovery.
Develop deep respect for the whole of humanity and nature.
History, geography, biology, art and music as an interrelated whole.
Presentation of all Montessori materials and activities by expert trainers in each Montessori area.
The gradual development of personal Montessori albums by each student, this includes guidance, monitoring and support.
Five weeks each summer in intensive morning and afternoon schedule.
The third and final face-to-face stage also includes the final examinations for the diploma.
The Montessori theory with added information about general teaching theory and neuroscience.
Each subject is offered by a specialised teacher in various areas of study.
Continuous assessment activities to ensure students fully understand the course content.
Elements of Study
E-Learning and IT Support
We will provide you with a username and a password to access the Campus where you find the classroom forums, private chat and videos.
The contents of each module will be opened as the course advances. 24 hours available.
Interactive video presentations with the faculty members where students can ask questions in real-time.
All literature necessary for the proper development of training will be provided.
1st Phase: Montessori Practice I On-SiteJune 29 to July 31 2020
2nd Phase: Montessori Theory Online
2nd November 2020 to 30th April 2021
3rd Phase: Montessori Practice II On-Site
June 28 to July 30 2021
4th Phase: Montessori Practice III On-Site
June 27 2022, to 29 July to 2022
90 hours of observation internship, freely distributed during the course. An opportunity to experience the reality of Montessori classrooms and practice various observation techniques.
120 training supervised hours with Montessori Materials. Montessori prepared environments with all the curricular areas in the University of Barcelona classrooms.
Recommended applicant profiles
- Preschool education assistants (0 – 3 years old)
- Educators specializing in special educational needs
- Psychologists and speech therapist
- Preschool educators (3-6 years old)
- Homeschooling families
- Educators at summer camps
- Other educational environments
Double Degree Training
Students who pass the course will obtain the MA degree in Montessori Elementary Education issued by the University of Barcelona and MONTESSORI Teacher/Guide “Infant & Toddler (0-3) and “Children’s house (3-6)” issued by International Montessori Institute.
Option A: 24 instalments €274Pre-enrolment €300
Tuition €1600 05/06/2019
1st instalment 05/07/2019
24th instalment 05/06/2021
Total Price: €7,650
Once the pre-enrolment is done, a counsellor will contact you in order to finish the enrolment process.
Option B: 12 instalments €511Pre-enrolment €225
Tuition €1,600 05/04/2019
1st instalment 05/06/2019
12th instalment 05/07/2020
Total Price: €7,650 Once the pre-enrolment is done, a counsellor will contact you in order to finish the enrolment process.
Option C: Single Payment
Total cost: €7,650
About the School
Somos un centro de formación especializado en Educación Montessori con un objetivo claro: ofrecer una formación Montessori clásica y rigurosa basándonos en las fuentes originales de la Dra. Maria Mon ... Read More