The aim of the course is to provide students with in-depth knowledge on:
- design and management of industrial production systems
- structural and functional design
- materials and relevant working technologies
- modelling and analysis of products and processes life-cycle
- design and management of plants for energy conversion.
- Moreover, students can deepen still further some specific topics concerning: energy, biomedical engineering, mechatronics, production, design.
The postgraduate students can be employed in several industrial fields:
- mechanical and electro-mechanical industry
- energy production and conversion
- plants' design, installation and testing
- maintenance and management of machines, production lines, complex systems.
Typical assignments for a postgraduate Mechanical Engineer are:
- design of complex devices and systems
- production management
- maintenance and management of machines, production lines and production departments.
A Three-Year First level Degree or equivalent.
About the School
The University of Bergamo is located in Lombardia, a region in Northern Italy with more than 10 millions inhabitants and one of the regions with the highest GDP pro capita in Europe.