Simulate, develop and optimize in advanced product development
This program gives you the ability to, among other things, control virtual and physical modeling, simulation, experimental investigation, and optimization. A degree leads to future roles in advanced product development or research in mechanical engineering.
Pixabay / Pexels
Advanced product development with several dimensions
The program prepares for work with advanced product development or to conduct research in mechanical engineering. On completion of the program, you should master a coordinated method of working with analysis from several parallel subprocesses to support decisions in the product development process.
Diversity of tasks – a diverse competence
You work with a multitude of tasks – virtual and physical modeling, simulation, experimental investigation, and optimization. You acquire a solid basis for working with performance prediction and ensuring that new products achieve their intended function, using your specialized knowledge in mathematics, numerical calculation methods, measurement technology, analysis of vibrations, acoustics, and fracture mechanics.
The program consists of 120 credits and leads to a two-year Master’s degree.
In addition to the nationally regulated aims, which are found under point 8, the following aims apply to education.
After completion of the education, the student should
- be able to formulate and validate numerical and analytical models of mechanical systems by means of both advanced software and by means of strong simplified relations for important characteristics
- be able to specify, carry out and interpret measurements and analysis of vibrations for rotating machines and other mechanical structures
- be able to specify, carry out and interpret experimental modal analysis on mechanical structures
- be able to carry out simulation of mechanical systems with parameters received from numerical models and/or experiment, for example regarding effect from the imposed load and/or simple structural changes
- be able to carry out the optimization of mechanical systems based on results of numerical models, simulations, and measurements to meet the market needs and draw use of technological progress
- be able to coordinate activities and report received results in an understandable way under the observing of general rules and practice for scientific writing
- understand the effects on society and the environment of the student’s own activities.
About the School
Blekinge Institute of Technology, BTH, has a distinctive focus on the digitalization of society and sustainability. BTH’s task is to contribute to more sustainable societal development through higher ... Read More