Master’s Program in Planning & Design
The Institute of Creative Industry Design at National Cheng Kung University is a part of the College of Planning and Design. ICID has its roots in Industrial Design but has evolved into a combination of industrial planning and enterprise innovations, with a focus on design applications and strategy management in business terms. ICID will economize and industrialize creative productions via modern technology design management (services and policies) and cultural development products.
In order to develop creative industry and cultivate vast research talent, ICID recruits students from multiple backgrounds and specializations of study. There are three supervisor groups to meet students' needs. The groups are Group A (Brand & Marketing Planning), Group B (Media & Interaction Design), and Group C (Industry & Service Innovation). All classes in the institute are lectured in English in order to present Taiwan's special culture to the world and it is our hope that these students with diverse backgrounds will bring new energy into Taiwan's creative cultural industry.
Creative Industry (CI) has its origins in individual creativity, skill and talent and it provides a potential for wealth and job creation through the generation and the exploitation of intellectual property. Major categories include visual arts, music and performing arts, cultural facilities, crafts, film, broadcasting and television, publishing, advertising, design, digital entertainments, brand fashion design, creative life, architectural design, etc. In order to meet the industrial ideology in the new era, Institute of Creative Industry Design (ICID) promotes new life and energy by integrating various professionals to engage in its multifaceted research.
Common required courses for Master Program
- INTRODUCTION TO CREATIVE INDUSTRIES
- CRAETIVE INDUSTRIES EXPERIENCE (1)
- CRAETIVE INDUSTRIES EXPERIENCE (2)
1. One printed online application form
* One copy of the original highest degree diploma verified with official stamps
2. by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, missions abroad, or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
3. One (copy of the original) transcript verified with official stamps by the R.O.C. embassies, consulates, missions abroad, or by other notary institutes authorized by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, R.O.C.
* Applications from non-English speaking countries are required to provide
4. English proficiency certificate (such as TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS).
This school offers programs in: