Drylands occupy more than one-third of the earth's land surface, including most of the Middle East and Israel. Dwindling water supplies and deteriorating water quality impede the sustainable development of drylands and the well-being of their growing population. The aim of this program is to introduce students to cutting-edge research and graduate education in water sciences, aimed at improving human life in drylands through technologies and policies for the sustainable use of water resources. Read more about the Master’s Degree in Hydrology and Water Quality
- To train skilled professionals for the fields of hydrology, water treatment and desalination (including: water production, estimation of surface and underground water and solute movement, chemical and biochemical evaluation of underground water and contaminants, operations research, optimization of water systems and more).
- To provide students with a strong background in fundamental and applied aspects of physical, chemical and microbiological processes in aquatic environments To offer knowledge in the subjects of flow and transport processes of water, solutes, and solids and separate phases in soil-water, in groundwater and in surface water.
- To provide knowledge in the subjects of water and wastewater treatment, including biological treatments, physicochemical treatments, and desalination processes.
- In particular, to intensify and expand the study of membrane technologies related to desalination methods and wastewater treatment processes.
- To prepare students for PhD studies in water-related programs.
- To take advantage of the ZIWR's strengths in both engineering and hydrological & microbiological sciences to professionally prepare individuals to succeed in multidisciplinary, team-oriented environments
The Albert Katz International School for Desert Studies (AKIS) was established in 1999 as part of the Jacob Blaustein Institutes for Desert Research (BIDR).
AKIS is located on the Sede Boqer Campus of the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev. The campus is situated within the picturesque Negev Highlands region, some 50 km south of the city of Beer Sheva.
AKIS offers programs for students from all over the world. International students, as well as Israeli students, experience at AKIS a special and unique educational atmosphere.
If you are looking for a unique graduate program in which to study the compelling features of the desert, you have come to the right place!
Visit the MA in Hydrology and Water Quality page on the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev website for more details!
This school offers programs in:
Last updated April 9, 2018