Master’s Degree in Art & Visual Design for Videogames
The U-tad's Master's Degree in Art & Visual Design for Videogames provides students with all the knowledge they need to dive into a the professional sector as videogame artists, to be responsible for creation, art and visual design of videogames.
Students will carry out and present an End of Master’s Degree Project that will go through the whole process necessary for creating diverse visual materials, using all the Learning Outcomes they have acquired throughout the Master’s Degree program and subject to simulated conditions, such as budget, timing and resources. This End Project will be carried out together with other students form other videogame-related Master’s Degrees at the U-tad: Master’s Degree in Game Design & Master’s Degree in Videogame Programming.
The U-tad's Master's Degree in Art & Visual Design for Videogames is aimed at:
- University Students or graduates, especially with Fine Art, Graphic Design and Visual Communications studies
- Professionals in the videogame industry that want to further specialize in the graphic area
- Self-taught people with game experience knowledge that are interesteed in videogames, new technologies, art and design
- Modelling and Texturing
- 2D Images and Interfaces
- Art Direction
- Environment and character design
- Story-boarding & visual narrative
- Management Skills workshops
- Master's final Project
This Master's Degree in Art & Visual Design for Videogames specializes students in:
- Create next-generation graphic material in a wide range of categories through cutting-edge hardware and technology.
- Present a realistic picture of projects they participate in, so as to be able to correctly plan and execute them.
- Be fluent in the narrative that makes a digital entertainment project possible.
- Define and execute the graphic section of a corporate entity and visually explore their intellectual property.
- Compose and organize the different elements needed produce the material needed for a videogame.
- Manipulate processes and tools to adapt them to the needs of the project.
Specialization and application fields
After finishing the U-tad's Master's Degree in Art & Visual Design for Videogames program, students will be qualified to work under different professional profiles:
- Environment and character modeler
- 2D Content designer
- Technical artist
- Art Director
- Concept artist
- Graphic artist
Campus and equipment
The U-tad classrooms are equipped with the latest technology, both hardware and software, that companies use day-in day-out to carry out their activities. The Master´s Degree in Art & Visual Design for Videogames classes at the U-tad use the most innovative programs and technology so students can develop all of their budding potential.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017