The MSc Marketing programme designed to both develop and enhance your knowledge and understanding of marketing and to develop and equip you with the necessary skills to thrive in a career in marketing. It forms the cornerstone of the MSc Marketing suite of courses, which includes six specialist courses:
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing & Advertising
- International Marketing
- Brand Development
- Business Development
- Social Marketing
The MSc Marketing allows a broader approach with a wide choice of option modules.
Although this course has been primarily designed for students who have already studied marketing or a related subject previously, it is equally applicable for motivated students who wish to develop cutting-edge expertise in marketing. Whilst theoretically robust with an emphasis on applied critical thinking and analysis, this unique Master's course is grounded in real-world issues. Throughout the course, extensive use is made of real-world marketing problems. The focus of this course is the development of the applied marketing leaders of tomorrow.
This MSc Marketing degree allows you to choose from a wide variety of options to tailor your studies to your personal requirements.
Programme Length: 1 year full-time; part-time also available
This course has been designed to capture the essence of what is contemporary marketing whilst giving flexibility in terms of your own subject interests. The MSc Marketing acts as a platform for six other postgraduate marketing courses specialising in a range of varied and topical areas. Students study six compulsory modules, which are shared with other routes in the MSc Marketing suite of courses, and two option choices from the list below:
- Approaches to Strategic Marketing
- Behavioural Analysis
- Achieving Customer Engagement
- Professional Practice
- Applied Marketing, Intelligence and Insight
- Research Methods
- Direct and Relationship Marketing
- Public Relations and Sponsorship Management
- Creative Advertising Solutions
- Advertising Campaign Management
- Creating and Developing Effective Brands
- Enhancing Shareholder Value
- Strategic Sales and Key Account Management
- Social and Ethical Marketing
- Marketing for Social Good
- International Marketing
- International Trade Operations
The highlight of the course is the opportunity for you to study and research a topic area of your choice in the form of a dissertation. Previously students have based their dissertations on topics that will help with their careers choices or subjects they have enjoyed studying during the course.
Teaching and Assessment
The varied marketing topics are studied in a range of ways including seminars, tutorials and lectures, case studies etc. Different modules have different teaching and assessment strategies, so some modules are based on individual work and others on group work.
All teaching and assessment are grounded in real life situations and, where possible, live projects are incorporated into the teaching and use is also made of guest speakers.
Career options cover the breadth of marketing activity from commercial brand management to public sector social marketing.
- A first degree or equivalent, ie postgraduate diploma, or a professional qualification (from a UK, EC or international institution).
- Work experience at an appropriate level of responsibility is a desirable prerequisite for entry but we may admit you directly from Higher Education if you have achieved certain levels of academic qualification. Other qualifications and experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Program taught in: