LUISS Business School’s Master in Big Data Management provides young professionals with the skills to be at the forefront of modern Business Analytics technique and to become accomplished Data Scientist.
The digitalisation of the world economy is making data available at an unprecedented pace. Companies and organisations around the world are working to make data an integral part of their business model.
A key ingredient in the recipe for a successful data-centric decision approach to business is the “data scientist”. This new professional figure is highly demanded as enterprises are increasingly harnessing the data at their disposal.
Several surveys conducted in Europe and in the US show that the “data scientist” is one of the most requested professional figures.
The Master in Big Data Management is a perfect opportunity for all those who are seeking a career in the fascinating and fast-growing world of data as a qualified data scientist.
Students begin with the Preparatory and General Management courses and then focus on the electives and different lab activities, in order to guarantee a gradual professional and personal growth for each student. In the final months of the programme, the Field Project will allow students to put their knowledge into practice. The programme lasts 12 months composed by 8 months lectures based followed by a 4-month period of Field Project.
- Information Management Concepts
- Introduction to Big Data Infrastructure
- Introduction to Data Management
- Introduction to Big Data Programming
- Introduction to Statistics for Data Scientist
- Information Collection and Transformation Technology
- Access Tools
- Advanced Visualisations
- Advanced Programming for Big Data
- Economic Forecasting
- Machine Learning
- Corporate and Business Strategy
- Marketing Analytics
- Financial Economics and Analytics
THE TRAINING OFFERED
The programme’s curriculum is designed to teach students how to harness and process massive amounts of data, design analytical models and interpret them to help in designing marketing campaigns, understand customers’ behaviour and optimise all business processes.
- BACHELOR OR MASTER’S DEGREE in economics, statistics, engineering, information systems, mathematics or related fields
- FLUENCY IN ENGLISH
- ADMISSION TEST (mandatory)
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 27, 2018