What does the MD.H?
In three semesters students acquire competence in dealing with creative processes and the ability to interdisciplinary communication and cooperation - application-oriented and practical.
The goal? Leadership positions in the management of media companies (TV, radio, publishers), in agencies (advertising, PR) and in production companies (controlling, marketing communications) or in consulting.
The study program binds students in a near-market projects and consistently oriented to the requirements of business practice. It provides expertise to analyze media and communications-related issues and to solve this, aspects of strategic management, the media industry and economy, the cross-media brand management, communications research and psychology and globalization and sustainability.
The / the graduate / in a / a Generalist / in with extensive knowledge about economic backgrounds and the respective industry and product environment. Multidisciplinary key competences make it possible for him to cope with the complex tasks of communication and media industry - journalistic, economic and media technology.
- Duration: 3 semester
- Type: Full-time, consecutive
- Credit Points: 90 ECTS
- Degree: Master of Arts
- Release dates: April 1 | October 1
- Locations: Munich, Dusseldorf, Berlin
How to become a media and communications manager / in (MA)?
- Successful completion of a diploma or bachelor's degree with 210 ECTS points. Applicants / inside with a comprehensive 180 ECTS undergraduate will have the opportunity to catch up through completion of courses from the curriculum of the Media Design School, which are not part of the master's program, the missing 30 ECTS.
- Attending a university internal application process
- Personal Qualifications: assertiveness, teamwork, initiative, analytical thinking
Everything under control: media and communications manager / inside as competent advisors
As part of the interdisciplinary constructed Master Program at the Media Design School deepen and broaden students their management-oriented, media industry and communications-related knowledge. In studies, they acquire the safe use of scientific methods and with methods of modern Market, marketing, media and communication research, The aim of the Master Program Media and Communications Management is to teach students the skills in the identification, communication, and implementation of management-related decisions and although based on theoretical models, case studies and practical tasks and exercises.
Another objective is to achieve the Orientierfähigkeit of students in technical, technological, managerial, legal, political and sociological complexity and variety of the media and communications landscape. During the course students are also on the development of approaches to strategic Media and Communications Management particularly experienced in terms of corporate social responsibility and sustainability.
At a glance - Program Contents:
- Studium Generale
- media management
- communication management
- Master's thesis and colloquium
The written application includes:
- CV with photo
- Letter of motivation (English, about 2 A4 pages)