MTech in VSLI Design
The $300 billion global semiconductor industry comprises of four different fields i.e., design, fabrication, assembly, and testing. India is trying to take a stand in the global semiconductor market by creating high-value work in VLSI design, board design, and embedded systems. Companies with domain expertise are driving Indian businesses. India has become the world’s destination for semiconductor design and embedded systems and is increasingly becoming the source as well. India has proven experience in verification, cutting‐edge digital, analogue and mixed-signal design. The country’s rapidly developing VLSI and embedded systems industry allow numerous companies to engage themselves in the area of hardware and software co‐development and verification. However, with the advent of technological advancements, the knowledge of device modelling, circuit design, verification, fabrication, and manufacturing is extremely important. It involves workforce as well as, well-educated learners in the field. It is essential for the country to make a mark in the creation of skilled VLSI professionals to meet the challenges in the Global Semiconductor market. Therefore it is a high time for Indian universities and research centres to develop engineering and science programs in the field of semiconductor ranging from device modelling, circuit design, system-level verification, design synthesis, physical design, fabrication, MEMS, Solar Cells, LEDs, OLEDs, and displays. The ITMU’s postgraduate program in VLSI Design (a two year course) will help in providing the well trained and skilled manpower to VLSI industry (e.g., Intel, Freescale, STMicroelectronics, Cadence, Synopsys, Texas Instruments, AMD, etc.) and R&D (CEERI, NPL, TIFR, DRDO, C‐DAC, etc.) in India and abroad.
ITM University’ course Master of Technology (M.Tech.) in VLSI Design is a very comprehensive and in‐line with the latest trends in the industry and academia. The courses like Semiconductor Device Modeling, Analog & Digital VLSI Design at the device level modelling and circuit level design and analysis laid the foundation to understand and develop expertise in the state of the course like Low‐Power VLSI Design. Similarly, the courses like Hardware Description & Hardware Verification Languages, the VerilogHDL & SystemVerilog will support the future ASICs and SoC level VLSI Design professionals. The objective will certainly remain unfulfilled without an understanding and address of the interdisciplinary areas, so the courses like Optimization Techniques, Computer Architecture, Algorithm Analysis, Blue Tooth, Neural Networks and Cryptology have made a part of the curriculum. The best part is it provides a unified hardware & software learning environment to upcoming professionals and imparts a high‐level view of the VLSI ecosystem. It helps them greatly in the understanding of the importance and an in‐depth learning of the micro‐level ideas in the electrical, electronics, and computer engineering domain.
- ITM University learning environment is two ways‐Teachers to Student and Student to Teacher. This helps the student to imbibe the ideas in more productivity way for a longer time.
- This program is designed to support and meet the need of the VLSI design industry in India/abroad and create future researchers.
- The program is more practical and hands‐on learning centric. It is designed in reference with the curriculum and course contents of IITs, NITs, C‐DAC, etc., to be in‐line with the best available curriculum in the country and to ensure the best learning platform in the university at the post‐graduate level.
- The focus on subjective presentation and projects from the student is more to create an in‐depth understanding of the subject practices.
- The courses are extremely detailed and provide ample of time to student to do some research and project work in the area of SC Design.
- Mini‐Projects, Research Seminar, and Dissertation are specially designed to provide hands‐on skills and research foundation for a career in industry and research.
- As a part of the regular curriculum, the Modular Courses on Linux & Scripting, Project Management, and Personality Development Program (PDP) supports and improves the overall learning skills and professional image of a student.
- In our pursuit of learning, we forget our health and personality. ITMU as a workplace is extremely competitive and demands the best out of an individual.
B.E./B.Tech. in Electrical Engg./Electronics Engg./Instrumentation Engg./Electronics and Communication Engg./Electronics & Telecommunication Engg./Electrical & Electronics Engg./ Electronics, Instrumentation & Control Engg./Instrumentation & Control Engg./Control Engineering/Computer Science Engg./Information technology/M.Sc. (Electronics Science)/M.Sc. (Physics with specialization in electronics) with a minimum of 60% marks or 6.75 CGPA (in 10 point scale) or equivalent CGPA in any other scale in the aggregate.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 24, 2018