MSc/PgDip/PgCert in Mechatronics & Automation
This course provides you with a broad introduction to the issues encountered and techniques required in developing advanced mechatronic products and automation systems.
Mechatronics and automation is becoming an increasingly important discipline in today’s digital society. New products have been designed applying mechatronic principles. Consumers and society have benefited tremendously from these new intelligent products that include:
- the latest mobile phones with mechatronic features
- intelligent robotic vacuum cleaners
- intelligent wheelchairs
This course trains you to:
- lead mechatronic and automation product development
- contribute as team members to future mechatronic product development
- provide expertise as mechatronic “specialists”
The course is aimed at:
- graduates from relevant courses, who wish to study mechatronics and automation as their chosen career
- those currently working in mechatronics and automation who wish to enhance their theoretical grounding and practical skills
You'll take a number of compulsory and optional modules. The postgraduate group project provides you with industry-related training.
- Manufacturing Automation
- Product Design Techniques
- Product Modelling & Visualisation
- Industrial Group Project
- Postgraduate Individual Project
- Project Management
Choose from this list
- Systems Integration
- Design Methods
- Control Principles
- Control Techniques
Learning & teaching
Teaching methods include:
- practical laboratories
Assessment is by written assignments and examinations.
MSc - First or second-class Honours degree, or equivalent, in any discipline.
PgDip - Degree, or good HND plus relevant industrial experience, may be considered for entry to the Postgraduate Diploma. Depending on satisfactory progress, students may transfer from the Diploma to the Masters course.
English Language Requirement
IELTs 6.5 or equivalent
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 6, 2017