This programme engages coaches and teachers in the process of applying theory to their practice and aims to develop reflective practitioners with the ability to effectively manage pedagogic problems. It offers a unique opportunity for professional and career development, focusing on applied and experiential learning within a community of practice.
The MSc Sport Coaching and Pedagogy is a programme within the School of Sport & Health Sciences Postgraduate Scheme in Sports Studies (modular). Three exit points exist from the course; Certificate (successful completion of three core modules), Postgraduate Diploma (completion of four core and two option modules), MSc (completion of taught modules and dissertation).
- Sports Coaching and Pedagogy: Theory and Practice
- Research Methods for Sport Studies
- Developing Pedagogic Practice
- Managing Pedagogic Problems
- Understanding the Sporting Environment
- Dissertation Project (12000 words written equivalent and a viva voce)
One Option Module chosen from:
- Changing Practices in Sport and Physical Culture
- Confronting Social Issues through Sporting Narratives
- Independent Study
- Sport and Morality
- Applied Biomechanics
- Physiology of Sports Performance
- Biomechanics of Sport Performance
- Leadership and Influencing Skills
- Sport Psychology Theory to Practice
- Strength and Conditioning: Science and Application
- Policy, Pedagogy and Practices of Physical Education Cultures
- Strength and Conditioning for Youth Athletes
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
An honours degree (normally 2.1 or above) in a related subject area together with appropriate teaching/coaching experience.
Non-graduates whose lack of formal qualifications is compensated for by their age and relevant coaching experience will also be considered.
Students whose first language is not English will need to provide evidence of fluency to at least an IELTS 6.5 standard or equivalent. For full details about how to apply and English Language qualifications please visit the International pages on the website.
About the School
Located in an exciting, modern European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a global university. We are continually investing in our students' future and provide education and training op ... Read More