The MSc Advanced Practice is a generic programme with seven specific pathways and can lead to the award of the specifically named degree:
- MSc Advanced Practice (Audiology)
- MSc Advanced Practice (Dietetics)
- MSc Advanced Practice (Housing)
- MSc Advanced Practice (Musculoskeletal Studies)
- MSc Advanced Practice (Public Health Emergencies)
- MSc Advanced Practice (Speech and Language Therapy)
- MSc Advanced Practice (Sport and Exercise Nutrition ) - Not running for 2017/18
- MSc Advanced Practice (Healthcare and Wellbeing)
It is intended that the programme provides for flexible, variable progression that is responsive to student and employer continuous professional learning needs and the constantly changing practice environment.
Any modules at Level 7 (Masters level) studied elsewhere, that meet the learning needs of the student, can be incorporated into the module mix via the Recognising Prior Learning (RPL) procedure. In addition, it is recognised that many professions engage with CPD activities which are not credit rated. The Reflection on Prior Learning module is a 20 credit level 7 generic option module where students can use relevant CPD activities to critically reflect on those experiences and produce a reflective statement and portfolio.
The programme has been designed to meet the four pillars of Advanced Practice.
The modules will be delivered in a blended learning pattern (blocks of teaching with online resources) as far as possible.
Learning & Teaching
Employability & Careers
Entry Requirements & How to Apply
Applicants should hold an honours degree in a discipline relating to their proposed area of study. However, candidates with other relevant qualifications will be considered.
Applicants must normally be able to demonstrate a minimum of 2 years recent and relevant experience in an appropriate setting. The applied nature of the course and the emphasis on critical reflection and the development of advanced practice require candidates to have relevant experience on which they can reflect and develop their studies.
Entry Requirements for specific pathways:
- Dietetics - candidates should be registered Dieticians with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Speech and Language Therapy - candidates should be registered Speech and Language Therapists with the Health and Care Professions Council.
- Not running for 2017/18 - Sports and Exercise Nutrition – candidates should have a first degree in Dietetics, Nutrition or Sports and Exercise Science.
About the School
Located in an exciting, modern European capital city, Cardiff Metropolitan University is a global university. We are continually investing in our students' future and provide education and training op ... Read More