MSc/PGDip International Banking and Finance
This programme is for students wishing to develop skills and understanding of international banking and finance. It aims to help students improve their ability to analyse and solve problems in the context of modern financial markets. For their dissertation topic, students are given the opportunity to take the theoretical knowledge they have gained and apply it to a practical application.
Aims of the programme
- To enable students to become competent and thoughtful practitioners in the field of banking and finance
- To develop students' reflective, critical and evaluative thinking and judgement and to expose them to contemporary issues in the field through teaching that is strongly supported by research and professional practice
- To provide an intellectually demanding academic programme of study which emphasises the student's ability to synthesise and evaluate key theoretical concepts and practical applications in the accounting and finance subject area
- To provide a flexible programme which delivers strong theoretical underpinning in banking and finance through compulsory courses and which enables students to pursue coherently related areas of specialism through chosen areas of academic study through option choices and a dissertation title
Business English for Academic Purposes - Level 4
Research Methods (15 credits)
Foundations of Scholarship (Dept ACC) (15 credits)
Dissertation (Postgraduate Accounting and Finance Suite) (45 credits)
Principles of Finance (30 credits)
Financial Markets and Risk (30 credits)
Global Banking and Financial Regulation (30 credits)
Students are required to choose 1 course from this list of options.
Business and Corporate Banking (15 credits) Islamic Banking and Finance (15 credits) Risk Measurement and Modelling (15 credits)
Applicants should have:
A good relevant first degree (usually 2.2 or an equivalent qualification) from a recognised university or higher education institute.
Students educated in a language other than English should normally have an IELTS score of 6.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in each skill) or equivalent in a Secure English Language Test. Alternatively, students with an overall IELTS of 5 or 5.5 can study our Pre-Sessional English language programme prior to degree studies.
- Candidates with accounting and finance professional qualifications are also welcome to apply.
Graduates have management opportunities in the banking and finance areas. Employers of our graduates include Barclays Financial Services, Interamerican Bank, Merit Broker House and the National Bank of Greece.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 26, 2017