The Master of Science in Finance (MSc.F) with a Major in Islamic Finance is designed to give you, as a future entrepreneur, the knowledge base, and skills to start your own successful businesses. The program provides an in-depth, practical education in business and management theories and principles. You will become an effective critical thinker and successfully identify business opportunities by effectively using analytical tools and problem-solving.
Over the course of this program you will:
- Gain knowledge of global business topics and issues.
- Acquire expertise in the legalities of business startups.
- Obtain management, organizational, and strategic planning skills for the launch of new projects and business start-ups.
The program requires the successful completion of 90 credits. The program consists of 4 groups of courses common for all Masters, from which students may select the desired subjects to study: Core Courses (21 ECTS), Elective Courses (15 ECTS), the Orientation Courses (18 ECTS) and the Master Thesis (36 ECTS), which are mandatory to complete the selected major. Beyond the principal Business modules offered within each major, an example of some of the Orientation (Specialist) subjects can be found below:
- Introduction to Islamic Finance and Banking
- Principles of Islamic Jurisprudence
- Islamic Insurance
- Islamic Economic Systems
- Contracts and Partnerships in Islamic Banking
- Sukuk Structure
- Islamic Banker Adviser
- Islamic Banking Finance Manager
- Banking Relationship Manager
Bachelor degree in a related field or equivalent
Official English exam results (IELTS 6.0, TOEFL IBT 70) or equivalent (exempt if studying in an English speaking environment in the last 3 years)
Complete the online application form and upload the following documents:
- Copy of all academic diplomas, or certificates obtained,
- One passport photo,
- Copy of passport/National ID,
- Introduction/motivation letter explaining your choice of program (250 words),
- The Essay (500 words) - Refer to online instructions,
- One academic/professional recommendation letter,
- Receipt of the payment of the application fee.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 3, 2018