©The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Shenzhen
The MSc Finance program at SFI engages students in a comprehensive training regimen that combines financial theories, quantitative skills, and challenging real-world applications.
Our students gain a thorough understanding of the modern tools and methods used across the global finance industry, with special emphasis on the rapidly-reforming China financial sector.
Our graduates have launched their finance careers in diverse fields such as securities, banking, financial management, and consulting industries.
Our goal is to develop sought-after professionals that meet the high dual requirements of the domestic Chinese and international financial markets. The MSc Finance program is available on both a full-time and part-time basis. All courses in both programs are taught in English by world-class academic professors and highly-accomplished financial industry professionals.
The Full-Time mode is designed to develop students' theoretical and analytical skills, and build proficiency in their practical application. Moreover, the Full-time Advanced Research Track mode builds on the Full-Time MSc Finance mode, and further supplements this with academic research in one of several leading-edges financial topics.
The Part-Time mode is operated for on-job students who want to promote their academic background in the financial industry. Graduates of this program are expected to gain a comprehensive understanding of the tools and methods used in the broad financial industry.
Starts with an abundance of internationally-trained.
Our curriculum is built around a combination of world-class,internationally-trained faculty, and senior-level financial practitioners.
- Derivatives Market
- Corporate Valuation & Fundamentals of Finance
- Quantitative Portfolio Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Finance within the Macroeconomy
- Communication and Computing (Excel/VBA) for Finance
- Financial Econometrics and Financial Data Analysis
A wide range of elective courses.
Elective courses offer breadth and depth across a variety of emerging technologies and timely, local market financial topics.
Contemporary issues in Chinese financial development (practitioner workshops
In this course, a series of practitioners, holding senior,director-level roles at a top financial institution are invited to deliver lectures on leading-edge topics and share practical experiences
- Real Word Financial Challenges
- Small-group case studies
CUHK-Shenzhen is approved by the Ministry of Education to enrol students independently, so applicants do not need to take the national examination. Students can submit applications and related materials at the official website of CUHK-Shenzhen.
The evaluation process is divided into two steps. First, we screen applicant information against our internal guidelines across several metrics: GPA, academic honours, internships, extracurricular actives, and English language skills, among other categories. Then, finalists are invited to participate in an entrance evaluation session. A final requirement is an examination which includes English-language essay questions, and several statistical and calculus questions.
English language requirements
Our minimum requirements are the following:
- TOEFL: paper examination 555, computer test 213, iBT 79; or
- IELTS (academic): 6.5; or
- GMAT: the Verbal is not less than 21; or
- Degree in an accredited university in Hong Kong or English speaking countries or areas; or
- Recognized professional qualifications in Hong Kong or English speaking countries or areas.
- CET-6 and TEM-8 certificates can not be used as proof of English proficiency.
Note that the MSc Finance program is highly selective, and we urge candidates to exceed these minimum levels of English-language competence.
©The Chinese University of Hong Kong - Shenzhen
Why CUHK Shenzhen?
- CUHK ranked 46th in the world and 9th in Asia (QS World University Rankings® 2020).
- One Brand, Two Campuses: CUHK SZ standards consistent with CUHK.
- Top tier teaching staff recruited globally.
- 17 undergraduate and 17 postgraduate fields of study that combine different disciplines, poised at the cutting edge of human knowledge.
- State of the art facilities on a large and comfortable world-class campus.
- A forward-looking comprehensive research university with a global vision.
- English as the language of instruction.
- Combining Chinese humanistic ideals with western liberal arts content.
- An international academic environment.
- A collegiate system modelled after CUHK to provide pastoral care and whole-person education.
- A lively campus setting with a wide range of activities to encourage social engagement.
- Study and build relationships with elite Chinese students.
- Shenzhen: China’s Silicon Valley and fastest-growing city. Headquarters of numerous high-tech multinational enterprises.
- Take your studies beyond the classroom into the Maker’s Workshop, Centre for Innovation, Design and Entrepreneurship, university research facilities, internships, and part-time work opportunities.
- Study abroad opportunities at elite universities worldwide.
- Living costs and tuition fees dramatically lower than universities in many other countries.
- University and government scholarships covering full accommodation and tuition fees.
- CUHK degrees awarded upon graduation.
- Approximately two-thirds of graduates continue to postgraduate study at the top 50 universities, including the University of Oxford, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Oxford, National University of Singapore, University of Cambridge, Cornell University, and Imperial College London.
- Almost 99% of graduates who seek employment find work soon after graduating from companies like Microsoft, Huawei, PwC, EY, Deloitte, KPMG, Tencent, IBM, P&G, Unilever, and Coca-Cola.
- CUHK Shenzhen Alumni programme offers ongoing careers support, networking opportunities and connections back to the university to support your long term development.
About the School
As a young and vibrant university, CUHK Shenzhen is committed to nurturing a new generation of leaders. Through excellence in teaching, research and knowledge transfer, we hope to contribute globally ... Read More