MSc in Information Technology (IT) is a specialization-rich programme that aims to provide a transformational experience to its students, by integrating the technological and business aspects of modern IT. This programme will appeal to applicants both internationally and in India, particularly for career development and further enhancement. It is suitable primarily for non-IT or computing graduates, or graduates with a modest academic background in IT or computing, who want to enhance significantly their employability prospects, and change career into IT systems development, deployment and management in modern business.
The MSc IT programme integrates the latest developments in technical and business knowledge and skills for designing, developing, deploying and managing IT systems. You can specialize in a technical and in-demand area such as Oracle database development, web development, applications development with Java and modern networking.
The entire course can be completed in Bangalore. Students also have the option of completing their final semester at the campus in Scotland.
The final MSc. IT degree is awarded by UWS and accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS). UWS is a British Government University. The degree is the same as the one awarded to its students studying in the UK. These degrees are issued independently of bodies like AICTE / UGC.
- Bachelors degree from a recognised university with good grades (should be equivalent to a UK Bachelors (Hons) degree)
- Should be at least 21 years old.
* Enrolled Students will be initially registered on a Postgraduate Diploma programme.
The Strategic Business Project enables students to develop and apply their module knowledge and research skills to a business topic of their choice.
- Ethics for the IT Professional (10 credits)
- Object-Oriented Analysis & Design (10 credits)
- Database Principles and Design (20 credits)
- Business Driven Computer Networks (20 credits)
- Research Design and Methods (10 credits)
- Technology for Digital Marketing (10 credits)
- Web Development (20 Credits)
- Dynamic Web Applications (20 Credits)
- Masters Project (60 credits)
Some areas of operation:
- Oracle-based advanced database development
- Java-based application development
- web technology development
- data and network security
- wireless networking and Internet of Things.
Business-oriented specialisations will enable you to develop skills and strategies that will help organisations configure and manage appropriate IT-driven and business relevant solutions and infrastructures.
Some areas of operation:
- mobile business
- technology management
- strategic and project management
- digital marketing
- modern business intelligence and analytics.
Note: The programme is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS).
* Course fee may be subject to change. This document does not form part of contract between you and university
** Modules listed above may vary depending on changes to the syllabus.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 27, 2018