You study at one of Norway’s leading schools in economics, with an international reputation in the fields of environmental economics, energy economics, and development economics.
What can you use this qualification for?
What will you learn?
NMBU School of Economics and Business will give you skills in economic analysis and broad insights on how economies work. You get extensive training in economic theory and analysis, in accordance with national and international standards.
There are small numbers of students in many of the classes, which allows for more problem-oriented learning approaches where in-class discussions are central.
This Master programme consists of specialization in one or more economic sub-disciplines like:
- Environment and Resource Economics
- Development Economics
- Energy Economics
- Financial Economics
- Trade and Commodity Markets
Some examples of topics analyzed in the programme:
- How to integrate environmental effects in the economic analysis of ecosystem management, air and water pollution, and climate change.
- How to combine economic growth and environmental protection - both at the firm level and at the national level.
- How to design and implement international treaties, for example on climate issues.
- How to reduce poverty and manage natural resources to increase human well-being without compromising resources or the environment.
- How to organize energy markets to avoid monopolies and market manipulation.
- How to analyze consequences of international trade agreements.
- How to explain why food, energy and other commodity prices are so volatile.
You can supplement your specialization with courses within organizational sciences, business administration, or management. Moreover, you can select a more interdisciplinary profile, by choosing from courses offered at NMBU in other social sciences like sociology, spatial planning, law, political science, or from natural sciences and technology. The numerous optional courses enable you to tailor your education to suit your special interests.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 15, 2018