Pursue a career in the world’s largest industry
The tourism sector fuels growth and job creation around the world, at a sustained pace, according to the World Tourism Organization:
- Represents approximately 9% of the global economy.
- Has created approximately 69 million new jobs in the past 10 years.
The Greek tourism industry is one of the most dynamic fields of employment in the country, according to SETE, the Association of Greek Tourism Enterprises:
- Represents 16.4% of the country’s GDP.
- Supports 18.3% of total domestic employment, directly employing nearly 700.000 people across all skill levels.
The ALBA MSc in Tourism Management is designed to
Develop professionals with the knowledge, skills, and values required for a successful career in the national and international tourism industry.
Assist small and medium-sized tourism enterprises in acquiring the advanced professional managerial talent required, in order to survive and compete in the global market.
This program is for
- Entrepreneurs in the tourism business.
- Members of family tourism business.
- Young professionals in hospitality, tour operators, tour guides, travel agencies (air, land, and sea), event and conference organizers, cruise makers, leisure and entertainment organizers, real estate developers.
The program emphasizes the cross-cultural, moral, ethical, institutional and environmental issues in the management of tourism organizations while covering all specialized business and operational skills.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Identify new trends and the requirements of employers, and adapt and respond effectively, to ensure sustainability at the organizational and societal level.
- Provide outstanding service along international standards and managing successfully people and the complexities of hospitality and the tourism industry.
- Command the theory and practice in all aspects of running a tourism business: strategy, finance, marketing, operations, human resources, revenue management.
- Contribute to the management and organization of hospitality, travel, destination, management, event management, people management, conference, cruise, leisure, entertainment, hotel sales channel management and real estate development.
- Handle the internal IT systems and online media channels necessary for digital marketing and operations.
Highlights of the Program
The program blends the requisite specialist operational knowledge and skills, with advanced managerial competencies, in order to educate the new generation of tourism executives.
Academic rigor with practical know-how: academic courses are combined with specialized workshops by leading industry experts tailored to address realistic technological and management challenges in travel, destination, cruise, event, conference, leisure, and entertainment management.
Strategic Partnership with Costa Navarino: Specialized workshops by Costa Navarino professionals, tailored to address challenges in hospitality and destination management.
Internship: Opportunity to spend two months at the heart of the tourism season at Costa Navarino, c.v. inclusion into a global employment database and access to the most exciting online and classroom training programs.
Three-day visits at The Westin Resort Costa Navarino, located at the first resort area in Costa Navarino. Costa Navarino is the prime, sustainable destination in Messinia, southwest Peloponnese, encompassing luxury resort hotels, high-end residences, a new golf destination, spa, sports & leisure facilities, as well as authentic cultural experiences
Ideal location: The program is offered in Greece, a country with a long-standing tradition in tourism. Part of the program will be offered on the ALBA campus, at the heart of Athens.
Links to the industry: Students will benefit from the close links between ALBA and the Greek tourism community.
Applicants with one or more missing documents will not be processed until these documents are received. Admission to the Program is decided by the Admissions Committee on the basis of the qualifications and the applicant's personality and commitment.
Tuition Fees for the current entry year: €12,500 paid in installments. Special scholarships up to 40% on tuition fees and a fixed rate of 300€/month (in a furnished apartment - all bills included) for accommodation for International students.
Deadline for the Next Round of Admissions: End of May
Final Deadline for Admissions for International Students who require educational VISA: May ALBA accepts applications all year round & candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. However, applications received after the beginning of the program will not be reviewed for the current intake, but will certainly be reviewed for next year's intake.
Scholarships are available for international students. If you would like to see whether you are eligible please fill out this form website.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 3, 2018